The Fishing Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Time to update this one, last Friday’s catch. Headed back out Wednesday.

We ended up smokin’ the mahi as a first. Must say unique flavor and something I would do again.

0C44DDD3-C159-4648-82B4-B4585430C50B.jpeg

Time to update this one, last Friday’s catch. Headed back out Wednesday.

We ended up smokin’ the mahi as a first. Must say unique flavor and something I would do again.

View attachment 1714131

Can I not like this out of jealousy.... seriously nice though where did you guys go out of?Been wanting to do some good offshore fishing.

Went out of Charleston to Edisto Banks. Bite was great for first 2.5 hours but then died off. Weed mat was thick early then dispersed making the late morning tough cleaning rigs of weed.

Gonna do some high speed trolling Wednesday hopefully.

Ah ok been looking for some charters around here not sure any good places to go out of. I’m hoping sometime this summer to get on a overnight or day trip, June will have some surf fishing though

Is this challenge open to all members?? Biggest fish on beer lure wins?
ONSC BOTTLECAP CHALLENGE
Hmmmm. Game on! Open to anybody who is an ONSC member in good standing on 12/31/2018. Requirements are Metal Bottlecap(s) connected to 1 Hook (single or treble). Weight and swivels are optional. No tipping it with live bait, you cheaters, but plastics are doable. Honor system will have to work but a picture is necessary. Witnesses (maybe take a selfie w/the fish, lure and them) trump no witnesses if it comes down to it. Biggest FISH (no turtles, ducks, boat mates, etc) by 'total snout to tail tip length' and most fish (in season/legal size or not) by 12/31/2018 take home a prize of some sort. Failing an actual catch, we'll let ONSCer's vote for the lure they like best (for whatever reason) - post a pic of ONE lure per maker the last week of DEC and whichever has the most "LIKES" by 1/5/2019 takes the prize.

I have a feeling the saltwater guys will have better luck than the freshwater folks.

Boat mates dont count?!? Dang.

Boat mates dont count?!? Dang.

But arent you either alone in the kayak, or with phteven in his canoe? NTTAWWT ;)

Went out of Charleston to Edisto Banks. Bite was great for first 2.5 hours but then died off. Weed mat was thick early then dispersed making the late morning tough cleaning rigs of weed.

Gonna do some high speed trolling Wednesday hopefully.

Any luck yesterday?

I'm gonna get out there this weekend - that's the plan at least.

No solid plans, I'll probably just fit in an hour or two here and there between kids events...

And.... howd ya do?

All i brought were cans and didnt grt my backwoods mcguyver on but a good weekend in the water

All small native brookies but fun none the less

C4D5D63C-1755-4CE9-A19B-0DC0D5BF79FC.jpeg

D6B412D0-DCFF-47CF-87FA-2203E28DC0AD.jpeg

A6A505C8-60E8-4B99-9B7D-D91702AC6DDB.jpeg

Gate was closed when I showed up today worked out though cuz I’m ready to take the kayak out tomorrow morning now...
Lake opens up at 7:30 lucky ram for the win.

Looked at my local Lowe’s for a beer with a white cap to try and make a rooster tail spinner though

@jfz80 where is that? Did you camp or just go for the day? (I understand if it’s a secret spot just looks nice)

@WhiteTiger911 The family homestead in Madison county NC.
Camped in hot springs and hit up several creeks on the way to a family reunion which happens to have a great creek on the property as well.

First thought on the can tops would be a Negative. That opens up the field to power bait plunkers. Sorry. Pire bate.

Now can crafted spinners. Why not?

Last edited:
Out here trying the ram no luck yet but great weather this morning.

807E3667-E50E-458B-8331-EF0C908C1779.jpeg

Update no luck but the bluegill and little bass chased the Ram all morning, going to try a smaller hook next time. Found some nice little coves with fallen trees though

D7E96933-4B94-4C08-AF2C-990183D8648A.jpeg

Last edited:
Gearing up for the salt!

6C5A3CB6-8D20-4687-9161-48A2D2E4997D.jpeg

As far as surf fishing goes anyone used a Penn pursuit ll? Thinking about getting one but also looking at the battle and spinfisher.

Man, I'm a lazy saltwater fishing person. I use either shrimp, cut bait, or finger mullet. I lob it out, and wait for something to take it. Then again, I usually end up catchin small sharks, rays, an occasional whiting, spot, trout, or red drum.

All those things you gotta keep casting out and reeling in is too much like work for me ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom