The Car Care Nut talks about 80s. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You guys wheel your 80s, that's nuts; especially if it's a Lexus.
Right who would take a Lexus offroad??

F5E6C463-AEB1-48E9-A0B2-30D1BC833696 (1).jpg

This is the day I dropped her off. AMD and I went out for a smoke, and we talked Cruisers for about 15 minutes. He saw where I parked and he told me he liked my 80 and would choose it over that 200. He's always reminded of his old home in Iraq when he sees my 80. He's got some interesting stories about his life under Saddams' rule. His employees go out for lunch at 12, they seem happy to work for him.

Part of me wants to do my knuckle rebuild, part of me wants to simply buy all the parts (including new Birfields) and have him make a video about it. I know there's videos out there, but the way he explains things would help a lot of people. He's an outstanding teacher.

20230428_133528.jpg

He reminds me very much of the shop foreman I worked with for several years. I enjoy his content a lot.

He doesn't want any sponsors, because, as he put it, his time isn't worth any advertisement. He simply wants to put the information out there. I wish he would've started her up and drove for a bit. Wouldve been interesting to hear him talk about how it drives and feels going down the road in 2023.

He missed the adjustable panhard rod. :)

This is the day I dropped her off. AMD and I went out for a smoke, and we talked Cruisers for about 15 minutes. He saw where I parked and he told me he liked my 80 and would choose it over that 200. He's always reminded of his old home in Iraq when he sees my 80. He's got some interesting stories about his life under Saddams' rule. His employees go out for lunch at 12, they seem happy to work for him.

Part of me wants to do my knuckle rebuild, part of me wants to simply buy all the parts (including new Birfields) and have him make a video about it. I know there's videos out there, but the way he explains things would help a lot of people. He's an outstanding teacher.

View attachment 3362792

Wtf!!! Is he chaldean?!?! I swear I knew I liked the guy for a reason besides just Toyotas!

The wheeling capabilities of the 80 are under rated. The soup bowl

My 80 is 31 years old. It has rust in the body, has broken the chassis at the steering box mounts a couple of times, but still goes on it's original 1hz.

There is no way Toyota would make 80's today as they are too 'strong' - all modern vehicles depend on a raft of safety gadgets to permit them to be structurally poorer, but remember also all modern vehicles are meant to 'crumple' like a soft drink can whereas older vehicles perhaps up to the 100/105 series in LC's were made to not crumple. 80's won't pass modern safety testing and 80's don't have stuff that is becoming mandatory such as AEB, LDW, etc. My 80 doesn't have ABS or SRS airhags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom