The AZ No-Bull Bar bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MaddBaggins

Remember the KnightRider!
Threads
Just finished and installed my custome front bumper. We'll call it the AZ No-Bull Bar.
Here is a before pic of the fugly thing that was on my truck when I bought it.
It was 1/8" steel, terrible welds, miter cuts? Whats that!? Everyone who saw my bumper had to say it was ugly.
Well no more ugly bumper for me.
More pics of the new one coming in a few minutes...stay tuned :cheers:
cruiser20004.jpg

Here is the new one under construction
3/16" 2x6 tube, formed to the front of the cruiser
Receiver for winch multi mount or shackle
DSC00256.jpg
DSC00260.jpg
DSC00261.jpg

And the finished product
primered and semi-flat black rattle can
6 bolts to mount to the frame
These pics do not do it justice. It is a sweet bumper.
took about 30-35 hours of work and well worth it.
Only had 1 minor setback but this is the original piece I started with. Didn't have to scrap anything.
So without further ado
The AZ No-BullBar! :D :bounce: :bounce2:

Special note to WhiteShark: Whatsoever the grinder taketh away, the welder can puteth back!
DSC00268.jpg
DSC00269.jpg
DSC00270.jpg

Last edited:
I like it, :bounce2:

one thing I dislike about most aftermarket and custom bumpers is they are flat or have multiple cuts to aproximate the bow of the bumper,

so how dod you put a bow in 3/16 retangular box? many cuts welds? heat and bend?

looks clean like the factory bumper only not made of pie tin.

:cheers:

I know a guy who has a roller big enough to bend that stuff but, he's one of those guys who you really don't wanna ask a favor from. So it was cuts and welds to make that arc, and bigger cuts and welds for the corner bends. Thanks Raven, I am very happy with it and couldn't wait to finish and post up to you guys :cheers:

Thats awesome. I wish I had the skills and tools to do that. I'd be working on a rear bumper.

Romer said:
Thats awesome. I wish I had the skills and tools to do that. I'd be working on a rear bumper.

Dido

What did supplies come out to if you don't mind asking.

Very nice. I like the OEM look. The front 2" reciver is a great addition. I am a weekend wheeler and take the kids with me, this bumper would fit my need perfect. The warn multimount is preferable to me, my wife drive the truck during the week and a winch in the front would draw too many questions for her taste. I also like the though of not carring the extra weight of a winch all of the time. Want to make another one? :D

The $ for this

Well I work in plumbing wholesale so I have contacts for steel. I bought 20' of 3/16" 2x6 for $120 cash. I burned thru 4 - 4-1/2 grinder wheels and about 6 flap disc sanders. Not sure how many feet of wire went thru the welder. I have a buddy who is partner in a auto shop. He is also a better welder than me so he did most of the welds. I did most of the grinding, sanding and we both collaberated on the idea. Between the 2 of us this is what i got. Very little invested in materials and I hooked him up for his time and use of his shop. I still have 12' of the tube left....can anybody say "rear bumper"!
Thanks guys :cheers:

I like the nice clean look of that

Very sano, very clean. Nice.

i definately like the stock look yet aftermarket performance yields. very nice work wish i had those kinda skills

Sweet bumper. :D
Are you planning on fabbing something for the AC dryer?
Nice integration of the 2" receiver as well.

Well if I remember correctly it was 20 cuts to get that curve. I will have to check the pics at home and count em. It took 4 big cuts to get the corner bends.
I will eventually relocate the dryer just behind the front grill. In the meantime I will leave it hangin and see if it ever becomes an issue. I personally don't use the AC much, only if my wife is in the truck. So if I fudge up the dryer it won't kill me to go without for a while. :cheers:

Oooo, that's sweet Baggins! In my opinion yours looks better than mine! :) They're close in approach angle too it looks!

Here's an idea on the AC dryer:

Last edited:
I guess I'm the only one who's not crazy about it. Just looks a bit odd to me. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate the craftsmanship and labor that went into it, and from that perspective I think it looks excellent. Just not my cup of tea style wise.

Ary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom