The AZ No-Bull Bar bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Arya Ebrahimi said:
I guess I'm the only one who's not crazy about it. Just looks a bit odd to me. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate the craftsmanship and labor that went into it, and from that perspective I think it looks excellent. Just not my cup of tea style wise.

Ary

Well, overall, I'm with ya on that Arya. I don't think that a bumper like mine or even Baggins is the "looker" style. ARB and the aftermarket stuff looks much better.

I think Baggins may have fab'd his for the same reason I did mine. Approach angle (though I don't know it he cut his frame because it's not tucked in as far as mine). I can climb obstacles my other 80 buddies can't because of approach. I did the same in the rear. Cut the frame and tucked in a steel bumper. My 80 though is about 17-inches shorter than an ARB-Slee good looker.

I think Baggins has accomplished this task in the front with better looks than mine. :) I think my rear bumper turned out awesome though. :)

20 cuts, now that's dedication! :D Bandsaw or cutting wheels? A lower plate like on John's is a good idea to protect the power steering cooler, making a small skid for the drier is not too big a challenge.

Plasma cutter Kevin. That was the first time I used one, now i think every man should have one. What a great tool that is.
I had a plate for the PS lines but it would not fit right with the new bumper so I will rework it.

John, I did have approach in mind as well as a nice clean contuor for ascetics. I didn't bob the frame at all but i will when it comes time for the rear bumper. I'm not a huge fan of the ARB with all of the angles and it does nothing for approach(and I thought I could save money on my own-which is true). Plus I have the reciever for options rather than just having a permanetly mounted winch. I will have a receiver in the rear bumper as well so I can run my winch front or back(when I pony up for one). :)

MaddBaggins said:
John, I did have approach in mind as well as a nice clean contuor for ascetics. I didn't bob the frame at all but i will when it comes time for the rear bumper. I'm not a huge fan of the ARB with all of the angles and it does nothing for approach(and I thought I could save money on my own-which is true). Plus I have the reciever for options rather than just having a permanetly mounted winch. I will have a receiver in the rear bumper as well so I can run my winch front or back(when I pony up for one). :)

Excellent Baggins!

Now the rear. You can out do me there too. :) Mine looks awesome (IMO :D ), I was able to keep the "line" to the flares/mud flaps, though I didn't think of adding a reciever to it. I did relocate both front and rear recovery points though so I'm not all stupid. (Some still disagree :D )

OK, take a peek here at mine. Judging by your front bumper accomplishment you'll easily be able to improve over mine. :)

Last edited:
That is a nice rear bumper. How much did you bob off the rear? My rear will have a very similar look to the front. i would like to put a swing out tire carrier on it but my buddy who helped me doesn't like to put stuff outside the rig. He is fond of reminding me how I tore off my roof rack vs a mesquite tree. It is my rig though so we shall see. The front/rear receiver for winch or shackle is his idea. He did it for his rockcrawler Cherokee. He has built some nice rigs and is a huge help with ideas for mine. :cheers:

MaddBaggins said:
That is a nice rear bumper. How much did you bob off the rear? My rear will have a very similar look to the front. i would like to put a swing out tire carrier on it but my buddy who helped me doesn't like to put stuff outside the rig. He is fond of reminding me how I tore off my roof rack vs a mesquite tree. It is my rig though so we shall see. The front/rear receiver for winch or shackle is his idea. He did it for his rockcrawler Cherokee. He has built some nice rigs and is a huge help with ideas for mine. :cheers:

Ahhhh, I think he cut off about 3.5 - 4 inches. He stopped at the OEM bumper subframe. See pic. I'd a liked a tire carrier for sure though couldn't see how to do it without sacrificing departure angle. So, I had my dude fab a mount for inside the truck. You can improve on this design for sure. I'll bet! :eek:

Last edited:
I think it is Sweeeeeeet! it looks so clean! and appears to be bomber! I was going to mod my factory one with a front hitch reciever untill I saw yours now I am rethinking everything.

NICE JOB!

P.S. Any Idea what it weighs?

You know i should have weighed it. Not a lot though. i had no problem picking it up and putting it on by myself. Its really only 6' of tube and then the brackets. If I had to venture a guess I would say around 50-60 lbs. Mybe a little more. :cheers:

When you do the rear, if you use the cut and bend method again, take photos durring the process, I'd like to see how you kept it even - so that the arc is the same on the left and the right.

When I opened the thread, I saw the pic of your old bumper and was thinking wow! Thats FUGLY :D

Nice work, I'm amazed how you were able to get a consistent contour with just cuts. Keep up the good work and post up when you have your rear done.

John, it doesn't look like any has been cut off of your rear frame. Do you have any pics without the rear bumper installed?

Josh83 said:
John, it doesn't look like any has been cut off of your rear frame. Do you have any pics without the rear bumper installed?

No pics with it off. Sorry.

A lot was cut though. Just look how far in that thing is tucked. (Side view) The frame that was cut is what extends to support the stock rear bumper. 3.5-4 inches.

Did the guy that did it re-attatch the stock rear cross member? It and all of its supports are clearly visible in the last pic you posted. It does look more tucked in from the side though, so I am confused.

Josh83 said:
Did the guy that did it re-attatch the stock rear cross member? It and all of its supports are clearly visible in the last pic you posted. It does look more tucked in from the side though, so I am confused.

Yes. He put the steel plate (bumper) right up against the crossmember. He also welded the crossmember parts because they were just tacked together. Finally he welded in some nuts somwwhere and relocated the recovery loops. Both the rear and front bumpers are completely removable.

But, that rear crossmember IS at the rear of the bumper. The factory "bumper" is just side wings that bolt to that, and the back of it is exposed. Did he cut that crossmember off and cut a section off the frame and then weld the cross member back on?

Josh83 said:
But, that rear crossmember IS at the rear of the bumper. The factory "bumper" is just side wings that bolt to that, and the back of it is exposed. Did he cut that crossmember off and cut a section off the frame and then weld the cross member back on?

Don't know. I remember seeing the frame pieces after the fact. ~4 inches worth. Sorry.

Josh83 said:

That's what it looks like was done to me. Looks to be about 3-4", just like Shotts said, further tucked into the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom