Builds The Architect's '77 FJ40 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Driving observations once you have had time. My OME suspension is like a tractor. But ofc, we are basically driving tractors. 😂
Alright....I've put a few hundred miles on the Bilstein shocks now and let the 'confirmation bias' wear off. I can't really find the right words to describe the difference. The best I can come up with, they are much more of a supple ride than the OME shocks were. This was noticeable from the get-go! If they get better with mileage, it is an even more of a WIN!

Alright....I've put a few hundred miles on the Bilstein shocks now and let the 'confirmation bias' wear off. I can't really find the right words to describe the difference. The best I can come up with, they are much more of a supple ride than the OME shocks were. This was noticeable from the get-go! If they get better with mileage, it is an even more of a WIN!
I’m only in about 25 or 30 miles so far and really enjoying them. And I’m comparing this with the cheaper yellow Bilsteins that came on the rig when I bought it. But it’s a massive difference, especially getting into steep driveways, over rolling speed bumps, and even a quick trailer or two.

80FF7B52-BE8E-477C-BC9D-9C8D1E28AB5A.jpeg

Seeing this makes me want a garage so bad. this would have been so much better than using some sub floor to swap an engine outside.

Dont hate on the open air garage (I'm just jealous too).....I'm gonna upgrade to add a tent/shelter so I can work in the rain this summer lol.

Following for more info on the biltsteins

Alright....I've put a few hundred miles on the Bilstein shocks now and let the 'confirmation bias' wear off. I can't really find the right words to describe the difference. The best I can come up with, they are much more of a supple ride than the OME shocks were. This was noticeable from the get-go! If they get better with mileage, it is an even more of a WIN

I’m only in about 25 or 30 miles so far and really enjoying them. And I’m comparing this with the cheaper yellow Bilsteins that came on the rig when I bought it. But it’s a massive difference, especially getting into steep driveways, over rolling speed bumps, and even a quick trailer or two.

View attachment 3614236
I am glad to hear this because my 40, the tractor that it is, drives like a "tractor". If Bilstein's would improve the ride I am all in. If I could only solve the wondering PS issue!

Added them too! Massive upgrade.

I am glad to hear this because my 40, the tractor that it is, drives like a "tractor". If Bilstein's would improve the ride I am all in. If I could only solve the wondering PS issue!
Wandering steering requires a wee bit more than shocks. Start with the basics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom