Test fitting a wheel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there anything I should look at besides clear steering parts and brakes? Do I need to cycle the suspension, etc? Thanks, heading to the garage to test fit some Xmas wheels. :D

Sorry for the crappy phone pics, I was juggling the phone, a light and the wheel to get these pics. It clears, but how close is too close?
1225091321.jpg
1225091322.jpg

If it misses the wheel weights, that's all that matters.

You are good with that clearance. As long as nothing is touching you will have no problems. The wheel doesn't move inwards & the tre's don't move outwards. So no issues.

John

The only thing that you are going to need to watch out for is what texx said. I had a set of wheels that did not rub until the weights were put on and then it ruined my tre's because I did not think about that.

Steel wheels are generally weighted with clip-on weights right on the edge of the rim, and you gotta watch the clearance there. Aluminum wheels are sometimes weighted with those tape weights that stick to the rim farther away from the edge. Hard to tell, but those look like aluminum wheels. Ask the shop where they are gonna weight 'em to balance 'em. My aluminum wheels have the clip-on weights; I just checked 'em. They are close, but still a good 1/2" there. How close are yours?

:bounce:

Last edited:
Yes they are aluminum and there is maybe a 1/4 inch of clearance. I may ship it back and go to 16s, or just stick with my stockers.

meh if your worried or the hammer on weights hit just run tape weights, not a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom