Tesla style head unit - has anyone seen this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi, can anyone with this unit installed send me a picture of the advanced and system settings? My unit was working well but the a/c controls stopped working.. I think I may have changed a settings by accident ( I should have taken pictures be for I messed with it!). Overall the unit is great so far beside my a/c problem.

View attachment 1943301
So, did you all source your units from the same place? Just want to be clear what my options are. Wiring to aftermarket amps is a good option for sound anyhow. There are so many compact and efficient options these days. Please post links to the seller that you used unless they were purchased from the first links. Thanks! Good Job pushing through guys.

I got mine from AliExpress ZWnav store. Shipped to NY in about 2-3weeks. Good packaging, no install instructions. Tech support isn’t good either. Might have ordered from Phoenix Android Radios if I was to do it over, seems like there support may be better.

I was looking at this unit , link from facebook group!

I got mine from AliExpress ZWnav store. Shipped to NY in about 2-3weeks. Good packaging, no install instructions. Tech support isn’t good either. Might have ordered from Phoenix Android Radios if I was to do it over, seems like there support may be better.
Thanks, That was what I was thinking. I have a 200 as well and was going to call them. Phoenix is obviously the middle man. That can actually be a good thing as far as support goes. I had a Car Audio shop years ago and have a good idea where technology is heading but, there is a value in working with a company like Phoenix. We probably want to understand how things work but, don't want to be the experts.

What is the easiest way to bypass the stock amp? Are there any plug and play cables available or do you need to splice into each cable seperately? I really want this unit. Great info so far, keep it up!

I spliced everything in to the stock amp harness under the passenger seat. Then ran power and remote turn on wires for the amp, and a 6 cable rca.

The unit isn’t as responsive as an iPad and isn’t super high quality but it’s way better then the stock nav and stereo

6B868447-85B8-40ED-8B8F-F9D053E24120.jpeg

273AF033-DDF7-4B34-A60F-73B131831E24.jpeg

73ED2749-EDCC-410B-9D71-72EBFE110916.jpeg

9B842630-3C76-456C-98C8-F1EC6BCD6C29.jpeg

Everything was working great. But now my climate control stopped working. I was messing with the settings a bit so hopefully that’s it, I’ll keep you posted. If anyone has a pic of the correct advanced/system settings I would love to see them. I should have taken a pic before I messaged with anything. Tech support at AliExpress is trying to help me also

@Riverhead100 just want to verify.... you ran RCA's to a new amp that you mounted under the passenger seat then tapped into the existing speaker wires on the factory amp's output?

Do you have a link/write-up/diagram on splicing into the existing speaker wires?

@Riverhead100 just want to verify.... you ran RCA's to a new amp that you mounted under the passenger seat then tapped into the existing speaker wires on the factory amp's output?

Do you have a link/write-up/diagram on splicing into the existing speaker wires?

Read back and see you installed two amps. Thanks for that.

Re: HVAC - did you change the 'Car Type' in the advanced settings?
To access: Settings > Advanced > enter password [mine was 8861]

From there, you can affect different things. If it was working and stopped and you didn't change anything, you may re-check the connections to the black box on the back. Mine worked fine out of the box on a 2004 LC.

The no sound issue remains the problem [and the camera, but that's an aftermarket install fix]. Will purchase the Metra harness and see what's up.

Last edited:

The Metra harness I mentioned above will plug directly into your factory amp output plug. The Metra harness uses standard color codes for each speaker and there is also a diagram on the package.

Read back and see you installed two amps. Thanks for that.

Re: HVAC - did you change the 'Car Type' in the advanced settings?
To access: Settings > Advanced > enter password [mine was 8861]

From there, you can affect different things. If it was working and stopped and you didn't change anything, you may re-check the connections to the black box on the back. Mine worked fine out of the box on a 2004 LC.

The no sound issue remains the problem [and the camera, but that's an aftermarket install fix]. Will purchase the Metra harness and see what's up.
Can you verify your settings are the same as mine. Especially the baudrate settings. I haven’t got around to taking the unit out and checking connections, that’s the next step. The physical buttons on bottom still work to operate the climate control... so I’ve been using that for now.

55D2C04A-4B40-4EC3-9A01-CCEFC11939E0.jpeg

CECE2736-D644-43BE-AF93-49E8EF8B9B2E.jpeg

72613552-919A-438E-8593-BDFBB17AEF9C.jpeg

2C396E6A-B13F-44B5-9A11-57476A5434C8.jpeg

A21D3FBA-44CA-4BA7-B48A-E0C53EB00CE4.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom