Tesla style head unit - has anyone seen this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NorCalFJ100

SILVER Star
Threads
Just saw this on the 100 Series / LX 470 Facebook Group. Anyone try this? Looks interesting!
SmartSelect_20181221-214139_Facebook.jpg

No but now I want one

If it is responsive and works well, I'd like one too! Haven't found any reviews...the poster on FB hasnt posted a link either.

Personally not a big fan of this. The user interface looks like it was designed in the early 2000s. Also, note that this screen is most likely a resistive touch one (not capacitive like newer ones), so the responsiveness may not be as quick.

Look in the GX group on here and on FB (GXOR). There is a GX version. Most seem to like it although initially some install issues, but apparently now it is more plug and play. Some had software issues, but overall seem positive. There are videos on there as well.

Reactions: Dox
It's the single worst design feature in the Tesla, imo. Like it's offensively hideous and I can't believe Elon ever let it get into production. Reason enough not to own one for me.

Having said that, it actually isn't as terrible in the 100 because we actually have a dash space to accommodate it. I would rather buttons, though. All you need is one crack from something being jostled over an obstacle and you'll want them back too.

It's the single worst design feature in the Tesla, imo. Like it's offensively hideous and I can't believe Elon ever let it get into production. Reason enough not to own one for me.

Having said that, it actually isn't as terrible in the 100 because we actually have a dash space to accommodate it. I would rather buttons, though. All you need is one crack from something being jostled over an obstacle and you'll want them back too.
Hoe exactly is it the worse design feature? My parents have owned Teslas since 2013, and absolutely love the screen. Yes, buttons would be nice, but the screen is still very nice and actually pretty practical

Hoe exactly is it the worse design feature? My parents have owned Teslas since 2013, and absolutely love the screen. Yes, buttons would be nice, but the screen is still very nice and actually pretty practical

It's a subjective statement. The functionality may be great but it's ugly as sin. Doesn't work aesthetically at all. Worse than the new Mercedes' "oh we meant to stick this here, it definitely wasn't an afterthought" tablet style screens mounted on top of the dash.

It's a subjective statement. The functionality may be great but it's ugly as sin. Doesn't work aesthetically at all. Worse than the new Mercedes' "oh we meant to stick this here, it definitely wasn't an afterthought" tablet style screens mounted on top of the dash.
I agree but after having sat in dozens of Teslas it kinda grows on you. So basic and everything you need in a touchscreen format. Yeah the design looks like they just slapped it on there but Teslas in general are not known for their beautiful interiors/fit and finish/and overall build quality.

any one have a link? I am in on this.
I bet this would even help with resale.

@lonecruiser what type of touch screen is in our trucks now?

I'd like to see Google maps on this thing. That alone may make it worth using!! And I'm assuming all the newest Bluetooth technology is available as well. Hopefully it all integrates with the existing microphone for the handsfree...

Source ZhiFang Factory Tesla Style Android Vertical Screen car dvd player gps navigation of 2002-2007 Land cruiser LC100 on m.alibaba.com

I found this. NOT ASSOCIATED WITH SELLER!!!! HAHA. Just want to make that clear ;) I'm just a curious potential buyer.

I'll have to check the GX group. Would be nice to see some write-ups and detailed reviews.

The technology of our current screen is so old. Our map system looks terrible. If this works and doesn't require any hacking up of the wiring harness, it's got to be better than our current system!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom