Terrain Tamer Brake Booster - confirming fit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all

On a quest for better brakes i'm looking at the Terrain Tamer booster: 4WD Heavy Duty Brake Booster: Rated #1 [2023] - Terrain Tamer - https://www.terraintamer.com/4wd-products/brake-catalogue/heavy-duty-brake-booster

It claims 30% better braking, which is great, but I'm trying to confirm if the booster is the same diameter as stock, or larger, as lots of the ugraded boosters are physically bigger.
Terrain Tamer support has told me it will fit but hoping to be sure.

Specific fitment is 1994 HDJ81, Terrain Tamer part TTTDB3.

Here's why: the stock brake lines are very close to the booster on an HDJ81.

Any insight appreciated

IMG_6266.jpeg

What's the price of these?
$780ish AUD

@nickolai TT lists as FZJ+HZJ+HDJ80, they don't list for a HDJ81.

If someone is interested in one I'm happy to get one from TT and measure it.

Edit - just to clarify, this is to suit 2 bolt master.

$780ish AUD

@nickolai TT lists as FZJ+HZJ+HDJ80, they don't list for a HDJ81.

If someone is interested in one I'm happy to get one from TT and measure it.

Edit - just to clarify, this is to suit 2 bolt master.

I've spoken to TT directly and they claimed it will fit my HDJ81, and there are 2 and 4 bolt options availible.

I'm likely going to go see Terrain Tamer in Auckland and have a look at them physically and go from there.

The main reason i'm interested in them is that PDI does an upgraded booster too, but its giant and they specifically state it won't work if you have the fridge AC lines near the booster - which I do. In any case i doubt it would fit given how close the brakelines run to the booster.

Have you tested one? Are they any better than a new OEM?
I haven't tested on an 80, but yep, have tested a booster upgrade with good results. I can't say if it's better than a new stock from a side by side test, but the old stocker was passing every test in the FSM so assume it was working properly.

With 30% more pressure what are the chances that might damage or shorten the life of the remaining stock brake system components??

Seem like your approaching the issue backwards 🤷‍♂️

With 30% more pressure what are the chances that might damage or shorten the life of the remaining stock brake system components??

My calipers, LSPV and hoses are all new. I'll be doing the MC at the same time. So while that's possible at least they're not 29 years old.

If they're in good condition, I'd say it makes no difference.

Hey @nickolai did you ever get to have a look at one of these boosters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom