OEM vs reman brake booster question (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Whilst I knoweth to be sacrilege to installeth non toyota parts on thine Land Cruiser, the 300% difference in price makes this a fair topic for revisiting. I just shelled out for a hvac system for the house and an unexpected ER visit, so the money tree has already been heavily pruned. I’m posting looking for others experiences with reman brake booster’s, specifically ones from Rock Auto. Any input, or horror stories would be helpful as I decide if I need to put the Cruiser out of service until I can swing the OEM part at $620 or save a few bucks and keep her on the road.

Thanks for your time, and I’ve grabbed a local firefighter to put out the flames coming my way.

I would use a good quality after market booster. I know OEM is the best, but that's a lot of coin, and a bad booster doesn't mean no brakes. I see Cruiser Corps is selling after market boosters, if that's worth anything:

OEM is $463 on Partsouq, which is still some legit coin.

But I'm assuming you've ruled out bad vacuum line and check valve?

Can’t be that hard to find a good used OE one? Try www.car-part.com

Though in my experience, brake boosters on Japanese cars never have issues. What’s the issue with yours?

Whilst I knoweth to be sacrilege to installeth non toyota parts on thine Land Cruiser, the 300% difference in price makes this a fair topic for revisiting. I just shelled out for a hvac system for the house and an unexpected ER visit, so the money tree has already been heavily pruned. I’m posting looking for others experiences with reman brake booster’s, specifically ones from Rock Auto. Any input, or horror stories would be helpful as I decide if I need to put the Cruiser out of service until I can swing the OEM part at $620 or save a few bucks and keep her on the road.

Thanks for your time, and I’ve grabbed a local firefighter to put out the flames coming my way.
Get a decent brand for a good price from @arcteryx . I'll let him tell you about it.

As the saying goes, buy once cry once. I hear you and am sorry to hear about the trials and tribulations, every person on earth has them.

Most would agree that braking is critical. IMO, the only brand to get is Seiken or an OEM box, whether it’s through me or elsewhere. If you purchase one from me, it comes with a 2 year warranty and the gaskets needed. The Toyota dealers warranty on any new part is only 12 months.

If it’s not in the cards, I suggest pulling it out of service until you can get one of the Seikens. I’ve sold countless of these on MUD and only had 1 warranty claim which we swapped out, he is a happy camper.

You can read the description more New Toyota Land Cruiser LX450 OEM Seiken Brake Booster with Gaskets 44610-60792 - https://www.cruiseryard.com/80-series-new-oem-seiken-brake-booster-and-oem-gasket/

good luck.

timely thread as my booster when turning the engine off after about 2 minutes leaks air from the rubber plunger seal where the MC side bolts on.
have ordered a new seal and will replace it hoping its just a case of it being worn / torn from almost 30 years of movement but other than that the booster works perfectly fine

this seal
1696544418088.png

@robnicko : could you post up a larger photo of the old (and new seal) when you get it all apart along with part numbers, source? Photos of the repair/replacement process?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom