Marks adapters Hydro Boost Brake Booster (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Installed 1 of these a couple of months ago. Brake Booster - Hydraulic | Marks 4WD - https://www.marks4wd.com/brakes/hydraulic-brake-booster?wpf_filter_vehicle=toyota-landcruiser-80-series&wpf_fbv=1

Probably the best Brake upgrade I've installed (there have been many).
Pedal feel is instant. Pedal requires very little pressure to start activating. Braking power and performance is on par with a modern vehicle. Pedal is still a little stiff, but certainly not bad. I can now lock all 4 wheels with 37's easily with only about 5 inches of pedal travel. I couldn't lock them beforehand even with full pedal travel and pulling on the steering wheel for dear life.
As always with an 80, bleeding the brakes is a bitch and performance is totally dependent on multiple bleeding sessions.
I've suffered the 'long push' brake pedal for 20 years. Gone through every brake pad/rotor combination on the market. Multiple new master cylinders and 2 different vacuum boosters. I have 2 sets of calipers that i switch out as needed. Gallons of brake fluid bleed through it over the years chasing elusive air bubbles.
Currently running terrain tamer cross drilled and slotted rotors with Power stop pads, braided lines throughout, lspv still installed.

Marks Hydro Booster is worth every cent. I used to have nightmares about not being able to pull up my heavily laden 80.

No change in power steering feel and no change in pedal feel when aggressively using power steering.

Thumbs up from me.

Installed 1 of these a couple of months ago. Brake Booster - Hydraulic | Marks 4WD - https://www.marks4wd.com/brakes/hydraulic-brake-booster?wpf_filter_vehicle=toyota-landcruiser-80-series&wpf_fbv=1

Pedal feel is instant. Pedal requires very little pressure to start activating. Braking power and performance is on par with a modern vehicle. Pedal is still a little stiff, but certainly not bad. I can now lock all 4 wheels with 37's easily with only about 5 inches of pedal travel. I couldn't lock them beforehand even with full pedal travel and pulling on the steering wheel for dear life.
As always with an 80, bleeding the brakes is a bitch and performance is totally dependent on multiple bleeding sessions.
I've suffered the 'long push' brake pedal for 20 years. Gone through every brake pad/rotor combination on the market. Multiple new master cylinders and 2 different vacuum boosters. I have 2 sets of calipers that i switch out as needed. Gallons of brake fluid bleed through it over the years chasing elusive air bubbles.
Currently running terrain tamer cross drilled and slotted rotors with Power stop pads, braided lines throughout, lspv still installed.

Marks Hydro Booster is worth every cent. I used to have nightmares about not being able to pull up my heavily laden 80.

No change in power steering feel and no change in pedal feel when aggressively using power steering.

Thumbs up from me.
Sounds awesome!! The brakes on these beasts are such a weak link. It can get scary sometimes even in stock configuration with no added weight.

Can you see the AC Delco part number on the booster? I'm curious which one they're using. It'd be nice if they just sold the adapters and hoses. My 2500 Suburbans have hydroboost and they stop significantly better than my 80.

Can you see the AC Delco part number on the booster? I'm curious which one they're using. It'd be nice if they just sold the adapters and hoses. My 2500 Suburbans have hydroboost and they stop significantly better than my 80.
There is no number on there. From marks website it states that they do machining on the original, so sounds like its not as easy as a direct swap over.

Ouch, sure glad I'm happy with my brakes.
That's a lot of coin

Thumbs up from me.
Do you have any pics? And do you have an early or late master cylinder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom