Tellico Meeting Time And Location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ClemsonCruiser

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Alright guys the general consensus at the moment is to meet at the Ingles in Wahalla at 2pm and head for the promised land from there.......

However, I know atleast chuck, myself, and Alan have friday off. Are the rest of you guys working? If you could post up the earliest time you could be there on friday that would help. Because I believe the early we leave out the better, we will be more likely to get the camping spot we want and more importantly we will have time to WHEEL friday afternoon!!! If 2pm is the earliest you can make that is fine but, if you guys can leave earlier I say we go for it.

Ahhhhhhhh we have less than a week to go!!!!!!!!! and thanks to Alan I have a carb. that works so my 40 is going to make the trip!!!!

Work

I have a court hearing set for 10:45 a.m.
I plan on driving Gundy to work, loaded for trip
and will change clothes at office as well.
If I'm not there by 2:00 p.m. leave without me.
I should make Wahalla by 2. Only 30 minutes scheduled for the hearing.
Ingles in Wahalla? Isn't that in West Union?
The big shopping center with a McDonalds?

What route will yall be going? I had planned on trying to catch yall in GA if your headed across the tip.

I will be there (ingles at 2pm) but can be there earlier. 2pm is a good time I think, for evryone to make it.

Troll: you wanna meet at my house and go from here?

John: I think we take HWY 183 west from Walhalla

Cool sounds like 2pm is the best.............

So is there now Ingles in Wahalla??? I am not very familiar with Wahalla, so someone name a good spot................. I believe david said the big gas station on the main drag.....

Last edited:
McDonalds / Ingles

Hey, how about the big mall/parking lot at the
junction of highways 11 and 28. That's one mile south
of Walhalla. Can't miss it. McDonalds and a Grocery store
for the unprepared to visit.
Route?
Pickens to Walhalla to Westminister to Clayton to Hiawassee
to Hayesville to Murphy. From Murphy, I'm headin' up one looking to camp.
Cell service stinks through those mountains.
864-238-8868 (cell)

Being There

I will be at assigned location by 1:00 latest in order to eat lunch and pickup any additional snack stuff. Will be ready to roll by 2:00 latest. This should be better than GSMTR! :grinpimp:

Gundy said:
Pickens to Walhalla to Westminister to Clayton to Hiawassee
to Hayesville to Murphy. From Murphy, I'm headin' up one looking to camp.
Cell service stinks through those mountains.
864-238-8868 (cell)

checked the maps and Clayton and Hiawassee are the same distance from me so I'll try and be in Hiawassee around 3-3:30....if I miss yall, I'll catch up.

Last edited:
ill be at valhalla around 1,,, but I am habitually late,, I think it is genetic,,,

I hope to do my shopping between my arrival and our departure time,,

what is the food situation like?

does this ingles sell beer?

you bet your ass ingles sells beer!

sorry I have a underage drinking story involving a Ingles. Yeah I'll be there with cousin in tow between 1 and 2. See everyone there!!!!

some of those counties are dry,, got to murphy once hoping to buy it there and found out they are dry,, so I had to drive over the mtn to a small store, had quite a selection, but felt a little lighter in the wallet than I am used to when I left.....

ALEXGAR said:
I will be there (ingles at 2pm) but can be there earlier. 2pm is a good time I think, for evryone to make it.

Troll: you wanna meet at my house and go from here?

John: I think we take HWY 183 west from Walhalla

Yeah that sounds good

anyone bringing margarhitas?

I'm thinking of joining yall, but I'll know for sure in a day or two--any decision for sure on camping site, or just take what we can get when we get there. Spivey cove looks awesome--saw it when I was there for GSMTR.

Steve

Cruiser haunts

flowman said:
I'm thinking of joining yall, but I'll know for sure in a day or two--any decision for sure on camping site, or just take what we can get when we get there. Spivey cove looks awesome--saw it when I was there for GSMTR.

Steve

I'd say SpiveyCove...if...big IF....good site is open when we get there.
Along the river where Jim and the Fla boys haunt would be my next choice.
At 5 water is nice.
McNabb. Stateline.
Look, just look for us at any one of the usual haunts of Cruisers at Tellico.
Our large white and red UPSTATE CRUISERS banner will be a big hint
you found our gathering spot.. Park/camp with us. If camp is empty.....we'll be back....
sometime. :)

what about the food thing,,, I dont mind cooking for others, I can do a mean cajun pork tenderloin with onions peppers and rice. just need to know, it sounded like someone else cooks here,,

Yeah I'm working on the food thing. It's going to be hard comming up with a total of people going. I'm planning on buying the food for everyone in the club and if others want in on it you just need to tell me so I'll buy a little more. Then everyone can pay me back when we get there. Otherwise "No food for you". Though I think we will need more than one cook for as many people that are going.

I'll try to put a total # together tomorrow.

Alex and I talked and I think it would be good if got people to bring one of something that isn't the main meal but essential. Like drinks, plates, napkins, forks and knives, iceetc... I'll try to come up with a list and a menu tomorrow. That way if don't like whats on the menu you can cook something on your own. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom