Tellico Meeting Time And Location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

we are going to camp at the Trail #5 trialhead, by the river so I can have my morning baths :flipoff2:.............. I don't know where the hell it is on that map!!!!

Camping

Trail 5 at water is probably too small for a crowd this size.
Spivey Cove is pretty large.
Look at it this way:
When we go up trail 1 from Murphy the first camp choice
would be Stateline. Water access and is located at the trail head.
Keep going and you'll pass Spivey Cove. Right past Green Cove
gas station and cabins.
Past that would be some more choices, including along the river where the
Fla crowd likes to camp.
If we declare a choice before we get there it may be full and we'll
have the group's panties in a wad hunting us down. Better to leave
it open from the start.
I'd say look to Spivey first. Stateline 2nd. River site 3rd.
Spivey is the best suited for this large a crowd. It even has a sorta toilet
situation. Great bear spot too. ;)
There are lots of choices. Just need to find an open one that fits our
group's needs.
We'll find a great spot. Trust in Karma. Cruiser Karma that is!
Ohm......cruiser,cruiser,cruiser......Ohm....

informationjunky said:
any need for a coleman cook stove? (two burner dual fuel)

Bring it! Someone said they were bringing a gas stove last time but forgot to bring it! I was cooking eggs over charcoal! I wonder who it was that said they were going to bring something and never did? :confused: Oh and JP did bring a stove with hardly any gas. :flipoff2:

I've bought a new stainless steel gas grill and will be bringing it. It's not big but will work. Plan on using it to cook burgers and assorted other things. I'm bringing hickory to smoke with. So it ought to be pretty tastey. A couple of gas stoves should be good also. I'll bring a host of cast iron pans. I know Alex has a gas one he is bringing.

david, there is also a spot, that I know is large enough, right were the pavement starts on the Tn side. It is where we had our MLK weekend trip at, and we had a larger group than ours..... it is also right on the river.

I say like you said, just leave it open and as we work our way in from the NC side we can checkout the different spots. I know you say you don't think the trail head at #5 can handle this crowd, but if memory serves me it is a fairly large area and most importantly it is at the trail, perfect for an evening run up and back to camp. Also it feels more like we are roughing it if we camp there and I personally just like the spot.

Don't worry...

be happy. We'll find that perfect choice spot. I'll follow
anyone's lead. :)
I was just trying to lay out some options.
We'll ALL decide via vote when we pick a camp.

Oh, and Trollhole.....it's in the green area of your map. :flipoff2:
That map looks like my place when you google map 5018 Dacusville
Highway. (my address) I promise my house is in there somewhere. :)
See the brown roof?

Gundy said:
When we go up trail 1 from Murphy the first camp choice
would be Stateline. Water access and is located at the trail head.
Keep going and you'll pass Spivey Cove. Right past Green Cove
gas station and cabins.
Past that would be some more choices, including along the river where the
Fla crowd likes to camp.

David,

You will pass our river front site on your right before you pass the Green Cove and Spivey. :rolleyes:

ClemsonCruiser said:
Capt. that must be the same spot we camped MLK weekend........

That's a good site and you could all fit in there, and still have water for your morning bath. Water temp was a constatnt 56* this past May during GSMTR. :eek:

Thank god we had a propane fired industrial strength hot water shower. :beer:

One last thing, you will still be close to the trailheads and Green Cove conveniences, if you dare to call them that.

Capt. Jim said:
That's a good site and you could all fit in there, and still have water for your morning bath. Water temp was a constatnt 56* this past May during GSMTR. :eek:

haha it was snowing as I washed my hair and face in that river this past Jan. I have never had such a brain freeze as I did then......... :rolleyes: :beer:

ClemsonCruiser said:
haha it was snowing as I washed my hair and face in that river this past Jan. I have never had such a brain freeze as I did then......... :rolleyes: :beer:

DAMN! I must have been down here in Florida too long. I don't jump into the ocean off my boat without a wet suit top if my water temp gage reads below 72* :princess:

However, give me a few of these: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

And a few of these: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Before you know it, I'll be swimmin'.

Not for long, though.

Capital Idea!!

Trollhole said:
Plus we will have the cb's on channel 4 so they can just hollar at us when they get close.
This may save a lot of aggravation. CB's on 4. What would this outfit do without Troll? Brains and can cook too! :D

Don't cry for me argentina

Since this is split over two threads, just posting here too. Got hit w/ a nasty work deadline, can't make it this weekend. Sorry if this screws up the food count, 3 pits can eat enough to cover my share ;)

Yall have a blast w/o me! :frown:

Shrinkage

Hey...you guys have heard about shrinkage, right? This Cuban boy has to have 96* water to wash my delicate body.

Capt. Jim said:
DAMN! I must have been down here in Florida too long. I don't jump into the ocean off my boat without a wet suit top if my water temp gage reads below 72* :princess:

However, give me a few of these: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

And a few of these: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Before you know it, I'll be swimmin'.

Not for long, though.

steve I can drink enough to cover your share!!

less than two days and counting!!!!!

Damn, I was hoping to check out your 60 flowman!!!

I say screw work and go anyway( thats what I'm doing, but don't tell my boss ladies). ;)

Ah well, we are having our big meet in few weeks, so who ever can't make it on this trip, try and get out to aunt sue's and show your stuff on the 27th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom