Tcase Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Quick Tcase question. Will a Tcase from a 88' 62 work with a 86' BJ60 4speed? :confused:

It depends .. I'm not sure about the US spec t-case .. but I thought is have the same shaft 38mm yes .. are 2 options 38 and 34 mm 16 and 19 splines.

I beliueve that the 88 Cruiser have the 38mm and 19 splines .. but not sure about BJ-60

Hi All:

the only way to find out for sure is to check the output shaft spline count on the automatic transmission in the FJ62 and compare it to the output shaft spline count on the four speed manual from the BJ60.

Question, what market was the BJ60 originally sold in? Most had the H55F five speed by 1986.

Regards,

Alan

johnnyporp said:
Quick Tcase question. Will a Tcase from a 88' 62 work with a 86' BJ60 4speed? :confused:
i have done this swap, yes it will work...you might need the input gear from the BJ though as i can't remember which one i used...

Thank you guys very much I appreciate all your advice and help.

Origional market was Canada and the truck has all the nessesary US/DEQ import paper work done. Its a bit rust around the rear wheel wells. But looks to have been under coated at some time:confused: Motors got 300KM and all else looks good except the tcase was shot no oil for 3000 Miles and it really did not like that. (yes engine had oil/ as well as transmission) So the question is do I start another project. I have two tcases one fron the 88' 62 and one from a 78' FJ40 4speed. So now the price has to be worth the PITA.

johnnyporp said:
Origional market was Canada and the truck has all the nessesary US/DEQ import paper work done. Its a bit rust around the rear wheel wells. But looks to have been under coated at some time:confused: Motors got 300KM and all else looks good except the tcase was shot no oil for 3000 Miles and it really did not like that. (yes engine had oil/ as well as transmission) So the question is do I start another project. I have two tcases one fron the 88' 62 and one from a 78' FJ40 4speed. So now the price has to be worth the PITA.
the one from the 78 will not work in a split case application...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom