Taurus Fan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The other day, I claimed dibs on a friend's taurus fan behind his shop. When I went to check it out it out, it was a 90's taurus v6, and there's were two fans side by side fans. But when I looked through the FAQ's, all the taurus fan write-ups just had a single fan. :confused: Anyone know if the double fan one will be just as efficient for my 350? Is one fan a different speed than the other or something? Or should I just hold off and find a double speed, single fan?

Also, does anyone know if the relay's for the fan's are easy to get to? I've read the startup of the fan can pull up to 70 amps! That's an expensive relay to have to buy new...

Thanks...

Last edited:
The factory relay would be great if you find it, if it's too much trouble then improvise.

Seems like several people are running them with regular 40A relays from the autodroid store. But it would be good to keep a spare relay or two. Or you can order the high current Bosch relay for a few more bucks and go with something that should be more dependable. Do a search on Mud and I'm sure the relay info is here somewhere.

NAPA part# ST85

Like $90 or something, pretty expensive.:eek:

But I alway have a spare starter relay in-case mine goes out.

I got my relays off ebay. I needed a 60 amp for my Volvo fan. They didn't cost much and the guy furnished the pig tails and mounts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom