Synthetic Winch cable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know a good place to get 1000 or there abouts ft. roll of synthetic cable.There are 4 of us that want ot change over and hoping to save a bit buying bulk.

ANyone have any problems with synthetics, or good or bad comments?

rockstomper.com sells in custom lengths, so they might be a place to start.

KC_Chevota,

Did you buy from Seamar? If yes, could you post the link to the product you purchased. Their web site uses completely different terminology from what most of us are familiar with and I couldn't figure out which of their products you are recommending.

-B-

I hate to hijack the thread but what are the benifits of a synthetic cable? It just seems to me that it would only wear out considerably faster. If you get even the smallest ammount of dirt in it that little rock will cut the fibers everytime you use it.

Just curious.

Synthetic, if it breaks, absorbs the tension and will not snap back. So an unexpected amputation or death resulting would be avoided. A bunch of us are changing over. It only took seeing it happen once(the break of cable) to change minds. Also way easier to work with abrasion sleeves you should get a huge amount of life out of a length.

http://www.northernmountain.com/
p/n 129358 1 Inch Tubular Webbing, Sterling, blue, nylon webbing - 50', $12.50

just add a scissors and a torch to seal the ends, and you've got lots of spare webbing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom