Symptom to replace PCV valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
to change the PCV valve?
I came across on so many knowledge and tech direction from this forum and manual to fix, repair, replace and adjust, but most of the times, don't know the symptom to repair on. I was curious about the PCV valve.
Thanks.

if it doesn't rattle then replace it, if you can blow both ways thru it, replace it, if you don't know.......then replace it, its cheap.

Exactly..cheap part, quick job which leads too several number 6's....

Mark

Start motor, remove the oil fill cap and put a piece of paper on the fill hole and see if it suck or blows off.
If it is sucked then it is good.

[quote author=landtoy80 link=board=2;threadid=12064;start=msg110350#msg110350 date=1077745104]
Start motor, remove the oil fill cap and put a piece of paper on the fill hole and see if it suck or blows off.
If it is sucked then it is good.
[/quote]

It's probably a good idea to not let go of the paper while doing this test. :D

just had my pcv replaced... quick, easy, cheap, and done with

The best symptom seems to be that the grommet underneath it is hardening to the point it will be a bear to get out - the part is cheap ;)

If anyone needs a PCV valve hose (sticks on the top of the PCV valve) for whatever reason, send me a PM... I ordered one by mistake, I needed the other "thicker" one on the other side of the valve cover... but the damn parts guy sent me exactly what I asked for, not what I actually needed. Anyway I swapped PCV hoses for the heck of it, but the old one is totally fine let me know if anyone wants it.

I did tell him he could return it. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom