PAIR valve is coming apart (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 93 fzj80s PAIR valve lost a stud. The very small stud, holds one of the two secondary valves (marked in photo below) to the larger part of the valve. Somehow, one of mine backed itself out. Curious if anyone knows how to find the right stud, or if I'll even be able to get one in there. I tried with a tiny screw, but the head could not clear the body of the valve.
1707268910052.png

Happy new year boyos
Chris

My 93 fzj80s PAIR valve lost a stud. The very small stud, holds one of the two secondary valves (marked in photo below) to the larger part of the valve. Somehow, one of mine backed itself out. Curious if anyone knows how to find the right stud, or if I'll even be able to get one in there. I tried with a tiny screw, but the head could not clear the body of the valve.
View attachment 3552287

Happy new year boyos
Chris
No clue maybe find a used one. Oh and it's February

A missing PAIR valve will fail the visual inspection. They have been discontinued for some time and there were no serviced components. Look for a used one. 93-94 only.

A missing PAIR valve will fail the visual inspection. They have been discontinued for some time and there were no serviced components. Look for a used one. 93-94 only.
^^^^ This

I'm not that familiar with the studs you are talking about but if you can find the correct diameter/pitch/length bolt and then cut the head off cleanly it could possibly work as a stud. I'm not sure if there's something else going on but if it's simply a missing stud this may be an easier path forward than getting your hands on a used one. A little locktight in the correct place(s) could also help you avoid a repeat of this scenario.

I know nothing of this part, but can the pin be hollow? Maybe use a roll pin if so. Keeps decent side tension at least.

Or some JB weld lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom