For Sale SWB Fixed Cab Rear Split Window Rubber Extrusion Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can someone make a template for the glass pieces so I can get them cut at a local glass shop?

Oh, and gasket ordered! 👏

Last edited:
Incredible extrusion. Very heavy duty, should be a long lasting product. Just need to figure out the install procedure (e.g, glass in place before installing?), along with glass size. Also screw sizes and type.
IMG_4180.jpg

Curious, looks like the drain hole will be on the inside of the cab, if I’m looking at the orientation correctly.
IMG_4181.JPG

Incredible extrusion. Very heavy duty, should be a long lasting product. Just need to figure out the install procedure (e.g, glass in place before installing?), along with glass size. Also screw sizes and type.
View attachment 3127647

Curious, looks like the drain hole will be on the inside of the cab, if I’m looking at the orientation correctly.
View attachment 3127648
I don't believe the original installation used any screw at all.

This is a pic from @wngrog, I think this is an original install that has screws. My rig has holes around the window frame that I assume were from screws to hold the gasket in place. Your extrusion has what look like screw holes around part (1/2) of it? Hopefully others with remnant original installs will join in.
F25933A6-4D8C-43AB-A1C0-86FEEEC2C9CE.jpeg

I don’t have a 45 SWB FT parts book, just this picture from it of the cab assembly. Looks like part Q is what we’re after. Someone have a book they can look up the screw spec (hopefully it’s listed)? @cppilot @3_puppies @whitey45 @ClemsonCruiser ?
560EEEAF-3C2D-4FC8-8011-97ADD5BDDA32.jpeg

They screw in. I can get a picture of the screws in next few days unless someone beats me too it. They are similar to the sheet metal screws that hold seat panels or upholstery on Cruiser seats.

The 45P parts catalog shows the screws to be #93530-14030 "Screw, tapping" and a quantity of 16, but no mention of size.

HTH

Parts book shows “Q” 93530-14030 Screw, tapping.
Quantity 16.
I’m assuming 8 per side.
no length given.

Bear didn’t see your post before I posted….😀

After scrolling back through months of texts, my understanding is that when the grey and yellow trucks came to the shop some disassembly had already been done, and no screws were in the windows. Now I see it must've been removed; however, it wasn't clear at the time. They talked to someone at Specter and was told it was probably held by some butyl sealer.

Anyway, it appears the installation was done via the rope method, similar to fitting the FJ40 side windows. After the rubber and glass were set in place, the rubber was peeled back to shoot some sealer inside. I don't believe the shop put screws into those 2 trucks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom