Superwinch closes business (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Box Rocket

SILVER Star
Threads
Last edited:
Found out about this yesterday. Looks like Superwinch ceasing operations.

Bummer!

Bill Burke will have to get a new/different sponsor.

That sucks my X9 was purchased in 2018, I guess I will run it until it grenades then replace it with an 8274.

However part of the company is being bought by Westin.

Here is the text of the announcement:

Effective February 22, 2019, Superwinch Group, Inc. ceased operations in Portland, OR. However, this is not the end of the Superwinch brand. Westin Automotive Products, Inc., headquartered in San Dimas, CA, is in the process of acquiring specific assets, IP rights, and branding of SUPERWINCH. Westin looks forward to re-establishing the Superwinch brand’s business relationships with our automotive and industrial partners and is eager to integrate SUPERWINCH with the Westin family of products.

During the transition process, SUPERWINCH will be unable to accept new orders, process warranty claims, or make inventory transactions of any kind. Customer service coverage may be limited as well, but we will do our best to respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner. We would like to thank our loyal customers for standing by us through this process and hope to one day meet and exceed your expectations for the standards our brand has established over its many years.

Superwinch is a great product, but, price point is tough for many. Harbor freight "Badland" faired better than Superwinch in a magazine shootout. And, it is only 399.00. Even though some may question this winch, buy 2 or 3 if you need to for the same price.
Interesting both Superwinch and Harbor freight winches are manufactured in China.

Superwinch is a great product, but, price point is tough for many. Harbor freight "Badland" faired better than Superwinch in a magazine shootout. And, it is only 399.00. Even though some may question this winch, buy 2 or 3 if you need to for the same price.
Interesting both Superwinch and Harbor freight winches are manufactured in China.

X9 was built in the US
Husky winch was built in the UK.

So not all in china.

If you look at the Badlands winch is looks to be a clone of the Milemarker winch.

Ended up buying a Superwinch tiger shark 11.5 sythetic rope. Talked with Westin before I pulled the trigger and they said they will carry on the Superwinch name and honor their warranty.

Good to know! Just pulled the trigger on a Tiger Shark 9.5, synthetic. Very pleased to know that Westin intends to stand behind this.

I have been running a X9 on my FJ40 for 20 years. Solid winch, you won't be disappointed.

That sucks my X9 was purchased in 2018, I guess I will run it until it grenades then replace it with an 8274.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom