Superwinch closes business

Box Rocket

SILVER Star

Found out about this yesterday. Looks like Superwinch ceasing operations. There's an announcement on their website. Westin Automotive Products looks to be taking over a portion of the products and plans to continue using the Superwinch brand name.

Last edited:

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
SILVER Star

damn .. and I believe they had a boost couple of years ago when I got my 16.5 ..

Webguy

SILVER Star
However part of the company is being bought by Westin.

Here is the text of the announcement:

Effective February 22, 2019, Superwinch Group, Inc. ceased operations in Portland, OR. However, this is not the end of the Superwinch brand. Westin Automotive Products, Inc., headquartered in San Dimas, CA, is in the process of acquiring specific assets, IP rights, and branding of SUPERWINCH. Westin looks forward to re-establishing the Superwinch brand’s business relationships with our automotive and industrial partners and is eager to integrate SUPERWINCH with the Westin family of products.

During the transition process, SUPERWINCH will be unable to accept new orders, process warranty claims, or make inventory transactions of any kind. Customer service coverage may be limited as well, but we will do our best to respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner. We would like to thank our loyal customers for standing by us through this process and hope to one day meet and exceed your expectations for the standards our brand has established over its many years.

Superwinch is a great product, but, price point is tough for many. Harbor freight "Badland" faired better than Superwinch in a magazine shootout. And, it is only 399.00. Even though some may question this winch, buy 2 or 3 if you need to for the same price.
Interesting both Superwinch and Harbor freight winches are manufactured in China.

Top Bottom