Subwoofer speaker Enclosure behind rear panel . (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi group . I have a 1997 lx450 and I was wondering if anyone makes a subwoofer speaker enclosure that fits in the passenger rear side panel . I 'm looking for something that will fit in that space . I don't mind if the plastic panel is cut out f the way to make it fit . Whats some options ? Thanks in advance .

Mounted one of these, and even cut up the old subwoofer bracket to mount it. It sounds great.

IMG_0489.jpeg

IMG_0487.jpeg

Hi group . I have a 1997 lx450 and I was wondering if anyone makes a subwoofer speaker enclosure that fits in the passenger rear side panel . I 'm looking for something that will fit in that space .
The LX 450 sub is mounted up front in the center console The 80 series Toyota has it mounted in the right rear quarter panel. The Toyota version, like the Lexus sub, doesn't get much good press here. It would seem to be an easy path to pickup a Toyota sub assembly and install it in the rear of your Lexus. What I wonder is whether all the wiring for both locations is present in both the LX 450 and in the Land Cruiser harnesses?

I fit this blaupunkt sub there. I used the factory bracket and some aluminum angle. Had to drill and tap the sub alum enclosure. It all fits really well. I'll dig up a picture later. Here's the sub. BLAUPUNKT Blue Magic XLf 200

I fit this blaupunkt sub there. I used the factory bracket and some aluminum angle. Had to drill and tap the sub alum enclosure. It all fits really well. I'll dig up a picture later. Here's the sub. BLAUPUNKT Blue Magic XLf 200
Thats what I'm looking for , something like that will work just fine if its fits pretty flush .

The LX 450 sub is mounted up front in the center console The 80 series Toyota has it mounted in the right rear quarter panel. The Toyota version, like the Lexus sub, doesn't get much good press here. It would seem to be an easy path to pickup a Toyota sub assembly and install it in the rear of your Lexus. What I wonder is whether all the wiring for both locations is present in both the LX 450 and in the Land Cruiser harnesses?
I didn't see any wires in that area for speakers . I was trying to use a 12 in sub woofer so I ran the wire back to the amp I added in the same area from the new head unit I installed . The subwoofer just doesn't work right with out a box behind it . I thought since I put it behind the panel that would act like a box but it doesn't . I would have to make a custom box to fit . I'm now just going to take the 12 in woofer out and add a all in one subwoofer and patch around the big hole I made .

you also need a 20' cable, I used 4awg, but 6 or 8awg would be fine. https://amzn.to/3NyeWnQ
and some sound deadening, makes the bass better and kills rattles https://amzn.to/48kk0nB
and this looks like the updated sub, the blue one is discontinued. Appears to have the same body https://amzn.to/3RtUOnN

I will add, it's not a lot of bass. Its good for what it is, just not for rap bass heads.

PXL_20231219_000928081.jpg

PXL_20231219_001043182.jpg

PXL_20231219_001143049.jpg

Last edited:
Made a mount for my powered 6x8. Cheap sub and I haven't fully wired it yet but you definitely can't tell it's there visually when the trim panel is on.

IMG_20231209_161408.jpg

Since there are no real cupholders in the Cruiser, and the bass was SERIOUSLY lacking, I pulled out the center console and made a subwoofer cabinet from Baltic Birch, installed the sub speaker in it, and added 2 cupholders for the front, and 2 more for the rear....

Subwoofer is tuned - sounds great, and a useful set of cup holders to boot....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom