Stop turns on l & R on both turn signal indicators (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thebovees

Driving Cruisers since '67
Threads
I am puzzled, see title.
I just finished converting instrument panel to LED bulbs. As I was checking it out, the lights looked great nice and bright. Then stepping on the brake peddle, both turn signal indicators came on solid. With the brake off the turn signals and emergency flasher worked properly. With these on stepping on the brake peddle both turn indicators cam on solid. I disconnected the trailer controller with no change. It appears that when the flashers are on and the brake peddle is stepped on the rear brake lights are bright but the turn signal lights are off.
Any Ideas?

It might be more power flowing than the leds need usually would have to add a diode. I had this problem with a third brake light once it would stay on until a diode was added for resistance.

I am puzzled, see title.
I just finished converting instrument panel to LED bulbs. As I was checking it out, the lights looked great nice and bright. Then stepping on the brake peddle, both turn signal indicators came on solid. With the brake off the turn signals and emergency flasher worked properly. With these on stepping on the brake peddle both turn indicators cam on solid. I disconnected the trailer controller with no change. It appears that when the flashers are on and the brake peddle is stepped on the rear brake lights are bright but the turn signal lights are off.
Any Ideas?
The problem turned out to be, as others suggested, the trailer light controller. I thought I disconnected it but it was only the side going to the trailer connector. When I cut the wires coming from the car the problem went away. Now to find a trailer light controller that will actually work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom