Left rear turn signal voltage problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.irontonforge.com
My left rear turn signal quit working. After installing a new turn signal bulb, new harness, and new flasher relay... I have fluctuating voltage at the socket. I get 12 volts, then the voltage drops to 3 t0 5 volts for a few cycles, then 12 volts again for a cycle or two. This happens when the engine is and is not running. What's my next troubleshooting step?

Any advise will be much appreciated! Thanks!!

My left rear turn signal quit working. After installing a new turn signal bulb, new harness, and new flasher relay... I have fluctuating voltage at the socket. I get 12 volts, then the voltage drops to 3 t0 5 volts for a few cycles, then 12 volts again for a cycle or two. This happens when the engine is and is not running. What's my next troubleshooting step?

Clean up the ground point on the rear crossmember.

There is no constant +12 to the turn signal lamp sockets. They are all fed from the flash relay and should be a pulsed +12 when the turn signal stalk is activated or the hazard switch is pushed. The white/black stripe wires at the lamp sockets are a hard ground to the body. See the schematic below:

1699455887869.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the input Bilt4me and Jonheld. I cleaned up the ground with 60 grit and replaced the bolt with stainless. Still have the same problem. There's enough voltage to lightly illuminate an LED, but not a 1156. Guess I'll start with the ID2 connector and check for 12 volts and work my way back. Any other suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom