Stolen 84 FJ60 in Washington (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
84 FJ60 Stolen on sunday 5/4. I bout it on 4/28 from a guy who did a real nice paint job and vortec v6 conversion. I am in deep sorrow over this, having owned it for a total of six days only. Of all the Toyotas I've owned this one was going to be my life long keeper.

Last edited:
Stolen FJ60

I am located in Auburn, it was stolen at 8:25 pm last sunday from the Federal Way Lowes parking lot. It has a Vortec V6. I can provide vin if I need to. I was only in the store ten minutes and I usually have one or more of my 3 dogs in there, but didn't this time and regretting it now.
Thanks for keeping your eyes peeled.

I'll keep my eyes open Oregon. 6 days.... Wow!

How well do you know the person you bought it from? Just thinking......

Greg - The guy I bought this cruiser from was in no hurry to make a quick buck. Although I may be a rookie on here, I was a pretty good judge of character of this guy I bought it from in Puyallup. His name is Mark he runs a sign biz and has a successful gig, he is an older gentleman, maybe 50 - ish and seemed real stand up to me. I know where you're coming from, but everyone asks me that same question. He is actually helping me out as I had no pics and those are all ones he took. I have looked long and hard (at least 8 years now) for a cruiser set up for the price I paid and in the condition it was in. I saw the same fj60 listed a year ago from Mark on CL for $2K more than his last asking price. I ruled him out, he is not the type likely to pull such a scam, risk his business with insurance fraud, he and his wife go to church every sunday, hated to sell the thing, were glad to see it go to a Cruiser head like myself, etc. etc.%2

Last edited:
Although the seller may not be directly culpable for the theft it may be related. Were your doors locked or was there broken glass? If not, somebody could have used a key. Perhaps not the seller, but a deadbeat kid or friend he had previously loaned it to. A public parking lot at 8:15pm is a pretty ballsy theft if you have to take the time to hot wire the thing. Not to mention, FJ6xs are not very high on the most frequently stolen cars lists. It is neither new nor does it have a bunch of parts interchangeable with numerous other vehicles.

Of course, if maybe you left the keys in the visor or under the floor mat (the first places punks look) it could just be some kid.

Good luck - hope it comes home safe.

I sincerely hope this turns out well for you. Hopefully someone will spot it.

I am located in Auburn, it was stolen at 8:25 pm last sunday from the Federal Way Lowes parking lot. It has a Vortec V6. I can provide vin if I need to. I was only in the store ten minutes and I usually have one or more of my 3 dogs in there, but didn't this time and regretting it now.
Thanks for keeping your eyes peeled.
Do Lowe's have cameras...or anybody at all?

I'm in north Seattle....keeping a look out....

Tim

btw...I prefer this tool for searching all of Craigslist

Dude, a smurf blue 60 series should stick out like a sore thumb. I'll BOLO. Good luck! :cheers:

Last edited:
FWIW I'll keep an eye out on the Island.

Good luck. My stolen 4Runner made it home to me after two weeks or so. There's still hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom