STOLEN STOLEN 1997 Land Cruiser - Seattle/Ballard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Mudders,

Longtime lurker, newly heartbroken and still hopeful 80-series owner.

My awesome 1997 Land Cruiser was stolen last night and I would appreciate any help in locating and recovering it.

Here's a link to the post I made on Facebook, please share if you can.

https://www.facebook.com/brian.teveliet/posts/10154455463238390

My truck was stolen last night from my apartment in the Ballard area of Seattle. I live near 24th and 58th Ave NW and the truck was taken between 5:00 PM on 8/20 and 1:00 PM on 8/21. The truck was locked and no glass was found at the scene. One of the camp chairs that had been in the rig was found 50 feet away leaning against the building. Neighboring complex has a camera that probably caught some movement, I've contacted them to see about getting access to any footage that may help. Not sure how likely they will be to help.

This is my first stolen vehicle experience. SPD sent an office out to collect a report, contacted insurance. Will keep an eye out on Craigslist.

It's a green 1997 with a James Baroud roof tent and Toyo MT tires on stock rims. Washington Apple sticker on the rear window. Had an ARB fridge and a custom storage platform in the cargo area, Puma compressor mounted with an LCPhil mounting bracket on passenger side. OME springs, bilstein shocks. Lots of my camping gear and cook kits inside but not the critical backpacking gear I need for trips over the next few weeks.

I lost a lot and I know I'm accountable for leaving valuables in the vehicle and parking in an unsecured area. I'm not currently in a situation that allows me secured parking. Next vehicle or recovered cruiser will get a solenoid cut-off switch to hamper any future theft. The SPD officer mentioned this which I found very helpful. He figured if I worked on my truck, I could manage a solution. I appreciated the suggestion.

Please PM me with any tips or suggestions.

I appreciate any help this amazing community can provide.

Link didn't work for me. Please post some pictures.

Wish you luck in your recovery !

John

Well, that sucks. I think you hit the nail on the head, Craigslist and Ebay for all the nice parts and maybe engine and axles if the thief knows what he/she stole. The rest probably burned or doing border runs, until burned.......:crybaby:

I did not set the FB link to public initially, that is fixed now. Please share if you can.

I'll try to add a few more pictures this evening.

Thanks for any help!

View media item 46939
Hey Brian, I shared this with my friend who lives in Ballard and he thinks it's parked on the street in front of his house at 80th and 14th. It has the same tent and it's never been parked there before.

Encouraging news ! Please let us know.

Good luck, John

That totally sucks! Hope it ends better, good luck.

funnybone: have your friend call the local police now.

tunrpikegates: the SPD can get the video recording from the neighboring building, they just have to show some initiative. I would call the officer (did he leave you with his card?) and ask him to get the video. You may have to talk to a Detective.

Holy Eff! I ran the 40 blocks and found my rig right there on the street. Fridge is gone, broke the latch though and it's in the rig. Can't open it till SPD arrives but this is amazing!!!

Thank you SOOOOOO much!

Will report back later when I come down from the adrenaline rush.

Thank you 'Mud.

THIS COMMUNITY IS SOMETHING SPECIAL.

Will do. I gave the card from the officer, I will follow up.

tunrpikegates: the SPD can get the video recording from the neighboring building, they just have to show some initiative. I would call the officer (did he leave you with his card?) and ask him to get the video. You may have to talk to a Detective.
W

Sure thing. He can call them now. Does anyone know the plate number? My friend is at work now and doesn't have it. My friend also has video of the guy getting out of the car from his security camera so hopefully that will help in catching the guy.

Great news! Check funnybone's truck for fridge...I kid. :moon:

Great, you're already there! I'll get you in touch with my friend so you can get a copy of his surveillance video.

shared on my timeline. Hope it ends well.

EDIT: just the read entire post, reacted too soon. Glad you found it! They probably ran out of gas!

shared on my timeline. Hope it ends well.

EDIT: just the read entire post, reacted too soon. Glad you found it! They probably ran out of gas!
Run out of gas :) LOL Really funny given the gas consumption it might be actually true

Can you make a list of components that are on the Cruiser. What brand is the roof top tent etc. A lot of thieves will try to sell parts on craigslist. I always set up an RSS feed for Craigslist when I am looking for something specific. I can set it up so that when those parts do show up, I get an alert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom