Stlca chit-chat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good morning my Brothers,
A lot of you may be aware but I’ll say most are not. A few years back I gave up the bottle and picked back up the Bible. Well it seems the Lord had bigger plans for me than what I was counting on. Long story short a few months back I was called tp Pastor a church. I know I know.. But my point this morning is if you or if you know anyone in need please reach out to me. The church and I are here to help if possible or I have a ton of resources I can reach out to. Let me encourage each one of you to maybe put a bottle back in the refrigerator and read a verse or two in the Bible these days Instead. Please pray for this country, our care givers (docs, nurses and staff), first responders, fire departments, police departments, military and everyone I missed. These are the ones who do not get a day off or get to work from home. Pray for your church and others. We may not be able to do much concerning the virus out break but we can reach out to our Creator in pray.
Also we need to keep the tornado effective families in our prayer. I can not begin to imagine what all they’re having to go through during this season of time.
Praying for you all,
Rocky

@FJCRAWLER I was/am so proud of you and your maturation the last few years, this world needs far more like you and I truly mean that.

Silly as it may sound, the common grocery store employee, shelf clerk, distribution plant employee, etc should be called out as well. I have witnessed some (far more than usual) very rude and selfish people the last week or so and they are every bit as much on the front line. as first responders

Congratulations on your new path, you are well suited and I know you will lead your congregation during these times and well beyond. You and your wife are never far from mind!!!!

Last edited:
Everyone...

I don't know if we can post links to you tube here or not, but anyway I'm going to try. Should the link not work then PM me if you want the link. This video I came across today on youtube while I was just "BSing" around, describes the mechanics of the virus, also I found what I think is a good video on food precautions. Anyway I thought the content was factual and honest....

Marbles have been rolling around in my head again ...

Would there be interest in a STLCA chapter weekend outing (to Windrock) next month? [GSMTR has been delayed to Oct, but that is a long time to wait for trails and team connection (i.e., jokes & observations about how many beers Hunter plans to drink compared to how many he does, Roger's cooking, drug bust stories from Chris, ...)]

Also for GSMTR2021, should we be locking in the week that we want now? [don't wait until Oct because some ninny events are likely to rush to reserve those dates]

Last edited:
That hurts my feelings Larry. How many times have you seen me head home with beer left over?

That hurts my feelings Larry. How many times have you seen me head home with beer left over?

Hunter, I hope that your feelings are not hurt.

Your quote makes my point ... You plan to drink more than actually do.

Can’t remember an event when Hunter didn’t have to make a beer run by day two. Larry glad to hear you found your marbles. As for a WR ride, most of my available time this summer is going to be spent up here at Coalmont.

Anyone need a motor mount for an 80? Plenty of good rubber left on these...I blame Parson's Pass.

1590289484452.png

Windrock 12 & 13 June
Any interest? Sport is taking her 1st rounds of boards tomorrow with her 1st rotation in surgery starting the 29th. The rebuild of the 3B has progressed that a longer drive with some bunny trail operation seems to be in order. So our thought is to go to enjoy the weekend with some trails and scenery.
Rough plan is to head up Thursday night so we can get an early start on Friday and the head back on Sunday.

Larry,

Some of the locals from Nashville and me are headed up to LBL next Saturday for an overnight campout to check out the Turkey Bay OHV and do some boating and fishing. It’s a longer drive for you but you’re welcome to come up.

I would be game to come to Windrock if we hadn’t already planned this trip

Larry,

Some of the locals from Nashville and me are headed up to LBL next Saturday for an overnight campout to check out the Turkey Bay OHV and do some boating and fishing. It’s a longer drive for you but you’re welcome to come up.

I would be game to come to Windrock if we hadn’t already planned this trip

Thanks for the offer, but I know that Melissa enjoys Windrock and Oak Ridge so we will be passing on your offer. With rotations starting and residency following that, it might be several years before she gets a vacation opportunity that supports a trip to Windrock. Plus she has not been to Nemo Tunnel, so we might make a side trip on Sunday as we head home.

Again thanks

Windrock 12 & 13 June
Any interest? Sport is taking her 1st rounds of boards tomorrow with her 1st rotation in surgery starting the 29th. The rebuild of the 3B has progressed that a longer drive with some bunny trail operation seems to be in order. So our thought is to go to enjoy the weekend with some trails and scenery.
Rough plan is to head up Thursday night so we can get an early start on Friday and the head back on Sunday.

Sport and I went to Windrock last weekend as planned. However, almost nothing else went to plan. On the way up, there was an accident east of Chattanooga that block all eastbound lanes of I75 for a few hours. Rather than just sit on 75, we got off at Ooltewah fueled up. That turned out to be bad choice. The diesel fuel at the Walmart was B10. I had run B20, B50 and B100 before without issue so I did not give any consideration. [yes I was a damn fool] The accident was cleared and we got to Oak Ridge without any other issues.
The next day at Windrock, 22 was the first trail that we started on. Condition of the trail was actually pretty good ... several of the early hill climbs were not as rutted as they have been before in May. A couple of miles in, the engine sputtered. Died and would not restart. After checking and rechecking the obvious, a Jeep driver pointed out an obvious that I had overlooked. Fuel delivery ... I had none. I bled the fuel system and got the 3B running, but she would not stay running. The B10 that I had filled up with was giving the fuel system a complete enema. It filled the water separator with junk and probably a fair amount of the fuel filter. Creating enough flow resistance that ,even after bleeding, the fuel would be slowly choked off, killing the engine. So I got back off the trail and back to town 1/4 to 1/2 mile at a crack. Engine would starve fuel and die; I would bleed; restart; head on again.
Once back in Oak Ridge, I used a flavor injector to extract the cruddy fuel out of the fuel separator (no turkey basters were available ... apparently a seasonable item at the stores in Oak Ridge). Refilled the separator with fresh fuel/bled the system, then restarted the truck. She ran well but replacing the fuel filter seemed to be needed too. None were available at the auto parts stores in Oak Ridge, so we ran over to Clinton and got one from the NAPA. Another foolish error. I should have bought several. By this point, the day was shot so I treat Melissa to dinner at Outback.
Saturday, we hit the trails early and the truck was running fine. We ran down 26 and then it died again at the picnic pavilion. We checked out the access road and found the gate locked, so we had to go out 27. After a few dying/bleeding cycles, we got back to the base of 27. Shot up 27 without an issue and I was starting fool myself into believing that the worst was over. No. Once we were back on the G-trails, it was a repeat of the previous day. Dying/bleeding/restarting every 1/4-1/2 mile to get off the trail and to the hotel parking lot.
Again our day was effectively shot and we headed home on Sunday. On the drive home, there was a stretch of 75 near Sweetwater that I made close to 10 miles at ~1.4 mile intervals. But it eventually worked out enough of the crude to again start running fine. We got home without further roadside stoppage. Our sh$t show had ended ... finally.

Clearly, I don't have much info to share on trail condition but 26 does appear to be at serious long term risk. Last summer/fall, 26 and 27 were graded into G26 and G27. However the grading created a channeling of the water about 2/3 of the way down. This channeling cut some V-ditches that were never there before, plus a single water channel off the trail that is cutting the hillside away and is headed to completely cutting the trail in two.

Woo boy, now that sounds like a helluva adventure. Glad everyone (and thing) made it home.

Wow Larry. That sucks. I have never paid close attention when I filled up the BJ. Is B10 offroad diesel? Or is all that bio diesel?

B10 indicates nominally 10% biodiesel. I think it is volumetric percentage. Other biodiesel %'s that I have encountered are B20, B50 and B100. B100 was what I normally bought when it was available (it was the cheapest option at the time).

anyone have any detailed pics of the ARB 50Qt Fridge slide. I recently bought one and the 50 qt fridge. The slide seems to be missing some of the "bearings". I'm internested in the details of the slide where the top part of the slide ...."slides" to the full extended position and you can see some holes for these bearing to be mounted. They look like a stud with a bearing on the end.

Anyone have any close up pics of the areas of teh slide I've posted, in my case its a 50qt slide, I don't know if the ARB slides are all the same as to MFG.

Looks like I'm missing some parts. I'm in contact with ARB now, since I've never had one of these , its not clear to me what I'm missing but raw logic tells me the the top portion of hte slide is not supposed to tilt down like its shown. This is my test setup...just got the parts the other day and unpacked over the weekend.
20200822_222641_resized.jpg
20200822_222522_resized.jpg
20200822_222556_002_resized.jpg

after some searches on this board and coming across a number of pictures after I posted the above, its rather obvious that there are missing parts, right where my "magic" sharpie is pointing to. Guess I'm going out to the shop tomorrow afternoon and look this thing over a little better. Right now it appears this thing is missing 3 of the bearings. (not that this is that complicated, but having never seen one) made it a little bit of challenge, although minor. Don't think you want a loaded cooler or fridge on a slide like depicted in pic #1 above.

I'm not so sure that someone swapped the latch from the right to the left and then left off parts, how that gets sent out the door I don't know. I'm fine with the latch being on the left as that suits my plan of approach. Guess I'll have to look this thing over better tomorrow to make sure I'm aware of what else might be missing. Poor QC at best. Instructions note that the OEM setup is the latch on the right, mine is on the left. (apparently easy to move latch from one side to the other based on what I saw in the instructions.)....but someone had to make the change, the instructions say that the product comes new in the box with the latch on the right.

waiting to see what happens

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom