Stlca chit-chat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm supposed to get 4 new "bearings" in the mail this week. No-one has bothered to explain to me how all this stuff was missing or how the latch got moved from one side (the normal production side) to the other side. Not the biggest deal in the world ...but some things do get under my skin. The person at ARB could not tell me the part numbers for these bearings. I wanted to know if down range for whatever reason...i might need to replace them. The slide is strong and I think once all the parts are there...it will work fine, kind of ruined the "un-boxing" thing when I had it mounted to the wood deck and pulled the slide out to the full open position and the thing tilts down like shown in pic above. If everything works in the end I'll be ok. I don't expect to have to do my own QC on stuff like this that I buy.

Glad they are making it right, but you are right. You ordered a new unit, not a mostly complete unit with some assembly required. QC has gone to S pretty much everywhere these days.

Let us know how it all goes once you get everything in and together.

Is this a generational thing? Even reputable companies seem to fail at QC these days. I am always concerned about buying expensive new things with lots of moving parts these days. s*** is hard to fix yourself, service blows and companies often do not stand behind what they sell.
Folks are simply not proud of their products.

the bearings showed up in the mail today for my ARB product, guess I'll see about installing them myself over the weekend. Hope I don't find any other surprises. Guess I need to give a hard look at the fridge too, just to make sure it works.

bearings showed up....all they are ...is a bolt with an allen head and the bolt runs through the bearing with some metal washers and a lock nut. At first I thought it was some type of stud with a bearing...but no. (I never bothered to take one loose until the other day. it works now, I'm not a true fan of the setup on the latch assembly end of the brackets. I don't know what other options are out there....I know you could make your own slide mount or drawer setup. For now I guess its going to be mine.... I may have to see what others have done and potentially look close at someone who has the same product.

well all the "cool" gov people to include military that make under a certain dollar threshold were told their payroll taxes were getting deferred and they don't get to opt in or opt out, they are in and have zero choice. What this means is that your payroll taxes are deferred for a certain period of time and you'll get XXX more dollars "now", but next year you'll have to pay all of those XXX dollars back under a gov. mandated schedule. This of course was a talking point about granting relief to all Americans.

The word defer is key, defer means in my subtle definition...."do something later, that you could have done today".

I doubt many private sector businesses take any action on this as it really does nothing to help anyone, but puts a few dollars into your pocket now that you will have to pay back. The direction does not apply to all Federal employees (due to the dollar threshold that is identified) nor is it in law that would affect the private sector and others (everyone). But given the dollar threshold it applies to a majority of Federal Employees and a majority of military members.

Don't know if state employees get mandated similar direction, but federal gov. people have been "told"...

I may be crazy but I like to get a vote on my tax situation, and I like to pay my taxes throughout the year so I don't get surprised come tax day. The point is that if you don't see a need for the extra money and the resulting tax liability next year, you don't get a choice in the matter as a Federal employee making XXX dollars every two weeks. "Not a fan of someone deciding that I'm going to get a few dollars now based on a tax deferment and then also deciding that I will pay that back next year on their defined schedule and I get no choice in the matter at all." The choice should be on the individual if they want to participate....or it should be universally applied to all tax payers.

If all goes as planned I am headed to AZ next week to pick up a 40 project that belonged to ToolsRUs. Anyone interested in following a 5 year build?

If all goes as planned I am headed to AZ next week to pick up a 40 project that belonged to ToolsRUs. Anyone interested in following a 5 year build?

That will be cool. I never knew Kevin personally, but his contributions to the land cruiser world are still helping folks. Look forward to following along.

well all the "cool" gov people to include military that make under a certain dollar threshold were told their payroll taxes were getting deferred and they don't get to opt in or opt out, they are in and have zero choice. What this means is that your payroll taxes are deferred for a certain period of time and you'll get XXX more dollars "now", but next year you'll have to pay all of those XXX dollars back under a gov. mandated schedule. This of course was a talking point about granting relief to all Americans.

The word defer is key, defer means in my subtle definition...."do something later, that you could have done today".

I doubt many private sector businesses take any action on this as it really does nothing to help anyone, but puts a few dollars into your pocket now that you will have to pay back. The direction does not apply to all Federal employees (due to the dollar threshold that is identified) nor is it in law that would affect the private sector and others (everyone). But given the dollar threshold it applies to a majority of Federal Employees and a majority of military members.

Don't know if state employees get mandated similar direction, but federal gov. people have been "told"...

I may be crazy but I like to get a vote on my tax situation, and I like to pay my taxes throughout the year so I don't get surprised come tax day. The point is that if you don't see a need for the extra money and the resulting tax liability next year, you don't get a choice in the matter as a Federal employee making XXX dollars every two weeks. "Not a fan of someone deciding that I'm going to get a few dollars now based on a tax deferment and then also deciding that I will pay that back next year on their defined schedule and I get no choice in the matter at all." The choice should be on the individual if they want to participate....or it should be universally applied to all tax payers.
I probably need to check into this. I think we were given an option but nothing mandatory. My bet is many Americans do not know what the word defer means and they are going to take a high hard one.

It would work for you uf you just tucked the money in the bank and earned the 10 or 20 bucks in interest. Other than that, the deferment does nothing but give an appearance of aid.

yes...exactly, there is no aid. For "us" there is no option, for military members there is no option, the only factor in play is if your income is above a certain amount, then the deferment does not apply. No option to "opt in or out" no choice on how the money is paid back (schedule), I'm guessing next year the people affected will see this "free" money autmatically dedcuted from their pay to offset what they received during the deferral period.

The real "burn your @$$" point is that it only applies to certain activities and not all, and it also is not a law and does not apply to "all".

Tax issues should apply to all, I"m not advocating that others get dragged into the pot, but the stupidity of having a tax directive only apply to a certain segment of the population is absurdity. I don't even think that there is sufficient detail in the "order" on details/full process. I'm not keeping tabs but for sure this impacts all DOD people (civilian and mil)

The "payroll" shop has already put out global email notices...

The Army SMA put out a global email on the matter....as well.

Its one of the things that if its not impacting you directly.....then most will pay about zero attention, without understanding the absurdity of the approach.

some dated bit of info:

congress has exempted itself

Last edited:
well I decided I need a new ARB Fridge slide, so I'm done screwing with the one provided and waiting on a "new" one that will be fully assembled and not missing parts. This relates to my point on a post above. as an aside when I installed the provided bearings the "slide" function no longer worked and the device became locked. So I'm done and waiting on the other new part to arrive. The item is supposed to be fully assembled and not missing parts or having the setup changed, turns out mine was both, of which I did not fully grasp at first, having never had one previously. The bad was that I was shipped this incomplete part and then that these things are on back order as well. QC has to step-up a few notches...

Last edited:
That sucks. Did they offer you any compensation for all the BS?

no, other than they are going to pay to ship the bad one back and I'm essentially out some time. New item may not show up until Dec. I can keep using the item I have until they get me the new one. I did not expect anything and initially I was hoping the replacement parts I received would be the solution, but it did not play out that way , and I'm not going to spend any more time screwing with it.

MH parked the Hundo on Thursday saying it needs brakes. When am I going to find time to do that before GSMTR is anyone's guess.
I may be in the BJ which is bone stock sans springs and not set up to wheel....or camp for that matter.

MH parked the Hundo on Thursday saying it needs brakes. When am I going to find time to do that before GSMTR is anyone's guess.
I may be in the BJ which is bone stock sans springs and not set up to wheel....or camp for that matter.

Don't get your panties in wad. Leave the 73 parked next to your tent and you can take Melissa' open co-pilot seat. Do the brakes after GSMTR so the Hun can rest for the next few weeks.

Easy Button crushed. Next crisis lol

FB marketplace.
Full of douche bags.
Guy has a set of wheels and tires for next to nothing just over in Alabama. "Just need them gone." I tell him I will pay his asking and come get them today. He says, "Sounds great." I say, "Give me an address and a time convenient to pick them up."
Crickets.
Thinking he is like me and not on FB regularly or maybe has missed the message I let him know I can be there any time today and ask again where.
Nada.
WTF? I mean, I have heard of guys saying they will buy and then not showing but nobody posting to sell and when they get a full price offer and agree to the sale just quit on you.
He is a young kid with a kid. ****ing millenials with spawn.

So we did a thing, picked up today.

Meet the WarPig.

20201107_144236.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom