Stlca chit-chat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thinking about checking out the tunnel too. A friend with a stock Jeep tried it on a rainy day. Ended up turning around due to water depth.

Somebody on here has mentioned it. I want to check it out, but if I recall he said it was a fairly short ride. Said there was a park and maybe some other stuff around the area. Maybe someone else will chime in.

It was mentioned as an option for GSMTR, but there as I recall the dance card for stock rides was full (so it is an option for the 2020 GSMTR dance card)

Good turn-out for the National Preparedness Month Event at 5.11 Tactical this morning in Green Hills.

0921191021_HDR.jpg

Good to see Jacob and Steve.

anyone bought any "Little Giant" brand stuff , carts, work tables, mobile work benches. Quality good or design good? I've been looking at a mobile work bench ....which is really a HD fully enclosed/lockable shop cart. Have not seen any in person, wondered if anyone has ..or know where they locally might be sold...? I see various sources online but wondered if any local, where one might be able to see one in person. At little too much $$ to buy sight unseen or at least so far it is.

I bought a Little Giant ladder years ago. It was in my drinking days, was watching the info commercial on what all the ladder can do. It's amazing how things will catch your attention when you're drunk. So I called and got hooked with every accessory that they offered, couldn't get that credit card out fast enough. I must say when it all arrived, I was like why did I buy all this stuff, but honestly I have used everything except the tool bag attachment. It's still in the package in was shipped to me in from 10 years ago.
So to answer your question. It's my opinion they make a great product, now I can only speak for the ladder of course. I have not had any troubles with the ladder or any accessory that came with it. I do not think you will be disappointed in their products.

^^^ that guy has some cool vids on the tube. I watched the teardown video.

Sorry we missed the annual meeting. We had intended on being there but I had to work for 4 hours Saturday - blah blah. Total waste. Anyway, the good news is I got my orders and am headed down to Rome next week for house hunting and will report MLK day. I am excited to be closed by again. Unfortunately my office no longer falls under Chattanooga so my impromptu visits for club business will not likely be driven by office meetings like I did before. But since now I am the boss, well, you get it.

I bought a Little Giant ladder years ago. It was in my drinking days, was watching the info commercial on what all the ladder can do. It's amazing how things will catch your attention when you're drunk. So I called and got hooked with every accessory that they offered, couldn't get that credit card out fast enough. I must say when it all arrived, I was like why did I buy all this stuff, but honestly I have used everything except the tool bag attachment. It's still in the package in was shipped to me in from 10 years ago.
So to answer your question. It's my opinion they make a great product, now I can only speak for the ladder of course. I have not had any troubles with the ladder or any accessory that came with it. I do not think you will be disappointed in their products.
The last awesome thing I can recall buying drunk was a DAK brand AM FM SW radio. The internet was new. I was drunk. It fit in my Army aviators helmet bag and was my flight line radio for years. I still have it some place. It was most awesome and still works.

anyone around the area thats good on rebuilding split-case transfer cases (fj60 style)? Later I need this done and deal with any leaks at the same time. Not ready to do it now but looking to do something soon. Trust and honesty/skill are number 1.

Yea I'm in north AL, so I'm going to have to haul it somewhere.....I'm not looking to do it myself. Need to find someone that knows what they are doing and is trustworthy...etc. Looking for recommendations on shops? Give the city location if you have a tip...thanks

Be good if I could deal with someone that has a connection to the forum/clubs

Somebody on here has mentioned it. I want to check it out, but if I recall he said it was a fairly short ride. Said there was a park and maybe some other stuff around the area. Maybe someone else will chime in.
Thinking about checking out the tunnel too. A friend with a stock Jeep tried it on a rainy day. Ended up turning around due to water depth.

We drove through the Nemo tunnel Saturday morning. We enjoyed it. In fact, Carolyn is already planning on going back at GSMTR so the grandson can see it. There was 15-20 yards of knee deep water at the south entrance. The north entrance had some water too but much shallower. Round trip from Windrock was less than 3 hrs. If there is a good breakfast joint along the route, it would add another dimension to the sight seeing which would enable an earlier start time.

Last edited:
@Elbert - I just did the split case in my BJ73 with the transmission in place. It was not terribly difficult. Are you regearing, is it damaged or is it just leaking?
So far the rebuild has held together just fine with no leaks.

@Elbert - I just did the split case in my BJ73 with the transmission in place. It was not terribly difficult. Are you regearing, is it damaged or is it just leaking?
So far the rebuild has held together just fine with no leaks.

Its leaking, and since it has to come apart it is going to get new "stuff" put in (rebuild kit). I ordered the kit from Valley Hybrids and I'm lined up with the guys over in MS to fix it (49 Tire). I decided I did not want to mess with it, this time.

Did everyone ride out the last nights storms safely?

So far so good. I dont know exactly where everyone is, but the ones I do know that are east of nashville are good. The bulk of the damage appears to be in East Nashville, thru Donaldson, Hermitage and out to Mt Juliet. We have 3-5 confirmed deaths in middle TN. (8-9 statewide currently and expected to rise thru the day) They have closed state offices in nashville and Davidson Co. Lots of damage to the power grid, including TVA main feeds. It's going to be a rough few days/weeks for the mid state.

Thanks for checking on us Larry.

All good here. Can’t say the same for the next county over, several deaths reported in Putnam County.

Now Putnam County reporting 19 dead 77 unaccounted for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom