Stereo and Heater not functioning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently replaced my fuel injectors and fuel filter. After completed, the vehicle was running rough throwing a P0304 code (cylinder #4 misfire). Troubleshooted the wiring, sparkplug and injector plug. Could not figure out. I took the LX to a fellow 80'er (Precision Cruisers) met him on a wheelin' trip back in October, very knowledgeable guy. He replace the cheap ebay "rebuilt" injectors with the rebuilt original injectors with new cushions/orings. Picked it up yesterday morning (1/12/24) and the injector issue was fixed (wrong o-rings in the ebay injectors, 2 of 6 were pinched/rolled). Anyway, before I took the LX to him, I had to replace the battery as the one in it was 8+ years old and wouldn't take a charge. Back to yesterday, when driving back home, I could not get the stereo nor heater to function. The heater switch lights would light up, but no heat nor fan. The stereo is a cheap Atoto; however, it worked up until I replaced the battery and as far as I know the blower/heater did as well?

Can anyone tell me if there's a correlation of why both would not function? I have not checked the fuses/relays yet (it's 10°F out). Is there a happenstance between the battery replacement and fusible link (I ordered either a replacement or a spare today)?

TIA
Brett

Have you checked for other electrical items not working ?

Below is a cursory check of all 3 fusible links in system. This assumes an unmolested OEM configuration.
FL AM1 - Dome lights working?
FL AM2 - When you turn the key to ON does the CHARGE LAMP light up?
FL MAIN - Brake lights working?
If yes to all 3, then all 3 fusible links are intact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom