Steel Wagon Wheels - Tire Choice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brooklyn

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all,

Looking to swap out some old BFG 33x10.5 tires that are aging. I was looking online and found Kenda Klever R/T LT 33 X 9.50R15 Load C 6 Ply RT Rugged Terrain Tire and was wondering if anyone had tried these. I have a 2.5" OME lift and do no serious off-road - fire roads would be the extent and not that often anymore. I am liking the tall skinny look. About $260/tire.

Thoughts?

IMG_2664.jpeg

Hi all,

Looking to swap out some old BFG 33x10.5 tires that are aging. I was looking online and found Kenda Klever R/T LT 33 X 9.50R15 Load C 6 Ply RT Rugged Terrain Tire and was wondering if anyone had tried these. I have a 2.5" OME lift and do no serious off-road - fire roads would be the extent and not that often anymore. I am liking the tall skinny look. About $260/tire.

Thoughts?

View attachment 3251099
Lots of love for the kenda in that flavor here.

I think @Pura Vida is stalking a set

I have yet to purchase, but I am very excited for when I do make the purchase. They look fantastic and I have heard good reviews, and it’s the perfect size. Kenda Klever all the way!!!

Here is a thread discussing the tire:

When I had to get some new shoes for the fj40 I wanted to go with 17" steal wheels that would resembled an oem look but could not find them . So instead i ended with 16" stealies, best move I made. It added a little cost more since added wheels. I also had the fj60 chrome wheels.

Last edited:
@Pura Vida thanks for the link! Will keep checking for a deal on these - I think I made my decision to purchase these tires.

@Pura Vida thanks for the link! Will keep checking for a deal on these - I think I made my decision to purchase these tires.

DO NOT change the OEM WAGON wheels you have now , its a timeless and 100% PERIOD Correct look that goes extreemly well with yoour factory paint code there ...

- don't listen to anyone that suggests buying new larger diameter STEELIEs rims and the silly chrome acorn hub caps , that a current fad , and trendy look and topic that will be a run of the mill thing in the future ,

- your chrome bezel and chrome fog lamps all tie in in a very very NON-USA far away pleasing to the eye factory FIT FORM and FUNCTION mind set approach .... :cool:

- the TIRES topic ?

- im a BFG's all Terrain Raised white letters facing outward approach person ALWAYS with a OEM wagon wheels of one color or another ...

coolfj40_2271_74846710.jpeg

However, if you do change the wagon wheels, I’ll buy them off you

@brooklyn
I recently went through this new tire debate on the Kenda Klevers.
Ebay seems to have a more favorable price than what you found.

Btw your trucks looks to be 67’… 100% period correct would be black steelies

The chrome wagon wheels are period correct but not that period :meh:
Good eye, it’s a 67 although some parts are not period correct (engine, trans, interior and a few others). I also have disc brakes and the wagon wheels clear without need for shims. I was looking at the CityRacer rims, but the cost of those and tires would be pushing my budget for tire upgrades.

But maybe, I will price it out again and see what I get. I usually buy used tires, so spending money for new is a price shock 😂.

@brooklyn
I recently went through this new tire debate on the Kenda Klevers.
Ebay seems to have a more favorable price than what you found.
Will check eBay— thanks. Hoping for a President’s day sale — gotta have a dream!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom