Smaller Spare Tire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering if I could get away with having a smaller spare tire. The tires I'm using at this time are 33''s but for short term I'd like to use 28'' tire for a spare. My axles don't have posi or lockers so I don't see a problem there. The handling would be less than ideal but it would be just to limp home on at slow speed not on a highway or interstate. Opinions?

If you have hubs, you can run different size tires on the front without issues in the differential. I wouldn't want to go very far with that set up on the back axle. A plug kit and an air compressor is good to have IMHO.

Until I got a set of 5 last summer, I’ve had a smaller spare tire the past 43 years. In all that time I still have yet to need it. YMMV.

Can you go same diameter, but a narrower tire? I am having this issue now - bought the truck with 33 x 12.5 and no spare, and the spare tire rack was damaged, was thinking to go with a 33 x 10 or similar as my spare.

Can you go same diameter, but a narrower tire? I am having this issue now - bought the truck with 33 x 12.5 and no spare, and the spare tire rack was damaged, was thinking to go with a 33 x 10 or similar as my spare.

I may need to go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom