Stainless Brake Lines - SLEE vs the others (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting ready to replace my front brakes and while I am at it replace the brake lines front and back with braided stainless steel. Slee is out of stock so I started googling and looking on mud. Ran across Stainless Steel Braided Brake Hose Kit Land Cruiser 100 Series

Even with VAT and shipping, they are about $80 cheaper than SLEE.

Does anyone use these? Am I missing something? Thoughts?

Am I missing something?

Other than no listing for a LHD UZJ100, and they seem to be lumping all (RHD) UZJ100 together, where Slee breaks out 98 & 99 (not VSC/ATRAC) from 00-07 (w/ VSC/ATRAC) ?

Other than no listing for a LHD UZJ100, and they seem to be lumping all (RHD) UZJ100 together, where Slee breaks out 98 & 99 (not VSC/ATRAC) from 00-07 (w/ VSC/ATRAC) ?

Noticed that as well. Does a VSC kit come with an extra line? Some of the sites I read referenced a 5th brake line.

Noticed that as well. Does a VSC kit come with an extra line? Some of the sites I read referenced a 5th brake line.

That is my understanding.

Check with Cruiser Outfitters, they re-sell Slee's brake hoses.

Goodridge offers lines but I have seen mixed reviews for Toyota applications. ( FWIW Ive used them on motorcycles and found them to be good quality).

As for other supplier options: I would be mindful of how well the fittings work with the Toyota threaded fittings and the double flared brake line ends. Some aftermarket options have a tendency to leak from what Ive read.

Check with Cruiser Outfitters, they re-sell Slee's brake hoses.

Goodridge offers lines but I have seen mixed reviews for Toyota applications. ( FWIW Ive used them on motorcycles and found them to be good quality).

As for other supplier options: I would be mindful of how well the fittings work with the Toyota threaded fittings and the double flared brake line ends. Some aftermarket options have a tendency to leak from what Ive read.

Thank you for the feedback.

VSC requires 6 lines: 1 for each caliper and 2 down to the rear axle.

If you have install questions or issues, slee will be there to talk you through it on the phone.

Just a thought from a self proclaimed cheap-scape... @sleeoffroad has their stuff dialed in. You're never going to regret the high quality parts and service they offer. They are the real deal and if they sell it, chances are it can be trusted as it's been proven!

FWIW, I ordered a '99 kit for my old '99 LX. Unfortunately the car left before they were installed. I have since installed them on my '05 however, as stated, the kits are different between the years. Slee will not swap the extra line I have for the one I need, I asked.

So, if anyone does need to buy a set for the '98 or '99, I'd totally pay you something to buy a kit for an '05 and I'll swap you the specific lines.

Jus sayin'

FWIW, I ordered a '99 kit for my old '99 LX. Unfortunately the car left before they were installed. I have since installed them on my '05 however, as stated, the kits are different between the years. Slee will not swap the extra line I have for the one I need, I asked.

So, if anyone does need to buy a set for the '98 or '99, I'd totally pay you something to buy a kit for an '05 and I'll swap you the specific lines.

Jus sayin'

Had I seen this a few days ago, before I ordered a set for our 99...

I believe the 00-07 set is currently out of stock at Slee.

I believe there's a ~$25 difference in cost for the extra line(s).

Jus sayin'
Sorry, I just checked and Slee's website shows insufficient stock for the late model brake lines. On a positive note, you did remind me to finally put in the order for lines for my '99, so thank you!

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I called Cruiser Outfitters yesterday and they had the SLEE 6 line kit for VSC in stock. Should have it on Saturday.

What is the advantage (if any) for the steel braided brake lines from Slee? Do they somehow make braking better....even if it is just "feel" at the pedal? Starting to consider upgrades from my OEM setup and seriously thinking about putting the DBA rotors up front with the associa

I installed the Slee lines on my 07 just a few months ago. Pedal feels better and seems to stop better. May just be my imagination but that is my 2 cents.

What is the advantage (if any) for the steel braided brake lines from Slee? Do they somehow make braking better....even if it is just "feel" at the pedal? Starting to consider upgrades from my OEM setup and seriously thinking about putting the DBA rotors up front with the associa
The primary benefit is that the stainless lines do not expand under pressure or degrade over time like the stock rubber lines do. This translates to quicker movement of the caliper pistons and, theoretically, firmer pressure of the pads on the rotors. In other words, better stopping power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom