Stainless Brake Lines - SLEE vs the others (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The primary benefit is that the stainless lines do not expand under pressure or degrade over time like the stock rubber lines do. This translates to quicker movement of the caliper pistons and, theoretically, firmer pressure of the pads on the rotors. In other words, better stopping power.

Thanks! That's what I was kind of thinking. Figure I'm going to rebuild the calipers while I'm at it as they haven't been touched in 22 years.

Thanks! That's what I was kind of thinking. Figure I'm going to rebuild the calipers while I'm at it as they haven't been touched in 22 years.
Cheap and easy to do. Good write-up in the 80 series forum. Best approach to getting the pistons out is leave the calipers mounted but remove all of the pads, then stomp the brakes a few times.

For some reason I feel like they're a little longer, too, for some extra slack when flexing.

But, I've been known to be wrong before. That one time.

I went with Pioneer 4x4 custom lines. They tailored all lines to my personal specs in a color of my choosing. I asked Ryan at OTRAMM about their quality and he had nothing bad to say about it.

Is my thinking right?

That replacing lines that expand would also be beneficial to the Brake booster and motor? Prolonging the life of those components?

Is my thinking right?

That replacing lines that expand would also be beneficial to the Brake booster and motor? Prolonging the life of those components?
I think that’s a bit of a stretch, considering the ABS booster assembly is electronic. The motor in particular will inevitably fail as the commutator wears - there’s no way around that. It runs on every startup and after multiple applications of the brake pedal, regardless of what type of lines you have. Keeping fresh fluid in the system seems to be the most critical thing to prolong booster life, though (flush every 10-20k miles with fresh). If your fluid is dark, the seals in the booster are degrading.

h
I think that’s a bit of a stretch, considering the ABS booster assembly is electronic. The motor in particular will inevitably fail as the commutator wears - there’s no way around that. It runs on every startup and after multiple applications of the brake pedal, regardless of what type of lines you have. Keeping fresh fluid in the system seems to be the most critical thing to prolong booster life, though (flush every 10-20k miles with fresh). If your fluid is dark, the seals in the booster are degrading.

Makes sense. Thanks for the quick reply.

I would never get Toyota specific flexible lines. Adapters and 3an everywhere. Makes life way easier

This is interesting. Now down the rabbit hole of educating myself on this.

This is interesting. Now down the rabbit hole of educating myself on this.
You can get any length flexible line on Amazon or summit, with right angles or not, with jackets or not, in any color, carry a single spare, etc etc etc. Universal parts ftw. And AN fittings are correct for everyone IMO

What is the advantage (if any) for the steel braided brake lines from Slee? Do they somehow make braking better....even if it is just "feel" at the pedal? Starting to consider upgrades from my OEM setup and seriously thinking about putting the DBA rotors up front with the associa
Stainless Braided lines dont expand under pressure like standard hoses do- no loss in pressure to the caliper- more pressure directly to pads.

After install I also noticed the time it takes for the brake booster to prime the brake system was 7 or 8 seconds faster.

Its a worthwhile upgrade.

I finally installed my Slee extended lines. Why did I wait a year to do it?? Truck stops 100% better now. Honestly might and day difference.

Stainless Braided lines dont expand under pressure like standard hoses do- no loss in pressure to the caliper- more pressure directly to pads.

After install I also noticed the time it takes for the brake booster to prime the brake system was 7 or 8 seconds faster.

Well, that seals the deal for me. Ordering them now. Perfect timing as it's time to flush and fill the brake system anyway.

Is that with starting your rig with the brake pedal depressed?

Here is the link for the 2000+ from slee

They are extended lines so they will be useful for lifted folks

They are currently out of stock, make sure to email subscribe to get a notice when they are in stock, I'm still waiting

Cruiser Outfitters has them in stock. Received mine this afternoon.

1598052152518.png

I don't think the coefficient of expansion is really that significant in either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom