Stabilizer Link Refresh - Which Parts? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, mainly due to another worn suspension thread I'm wondering exactly which parts folks are replacing to refresh the LC200 stabilizer links, front and back. For example, the bushings in the arm for the KDSS damper (16 and 17) are 40 bucks each so I figure it's worth asking what commonly wears out at higher mileages. Diagram below:

Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 8.50.38 AM.png

Most people are doing the front end links. I also think numbers 2 & 7 on your diagram would be wise, as they are basic rubber parts that do dry rot and are pretty easy to change. I bought the arm bushings a couple years back but haven't gotten around to installing them. They do seem difficult as there isn't much meat on the arm in that area to get ahold of and press against to remove the old bushing.

One thing I haven't determined yet is whether the ball joint at the rear end of the rear KDSS arm develops slack.. afaik that would require replacing the whole arm.

Just got done refreshing the front this weekend. Mine is a 2011 though.
This is part list I used with part numbers and approximate price

(2) Stabilizer Bar Bushing (Left and Right)(Front and Low) 48815-60260 $29.85 Each
(1) Link Assembly Front Stabilizer (Right) 48820-60082 $111.51 Each
(1) Link Front Stabilizer Bush (Right) 48849-60120 $47.61 Each
(1) Link Assembly Front Stabilizer (Left) 48810-60060 $128.78 Each [Note Comes with Bottom Bushing Built In]

I got the links and front "D" bushings from cruiser outfitter and to my surprise the right link came with the bottom bushing preassembled (toyota's diagram indicated it came separate)

Good video reference:

Found these torque numbers somewhere on the interwebs (lost the link) and seemed right to me

19 ft/lb for the Stabilizer bar bushings and 51 ft/lb for the link bolts.

Hope this helps. Good luck with the links they were a PITA to put in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom