SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any way to drop the spare from under the truck?

Currently mid project and I realized i may need to drop the spare, don't have the battery in but doors are unlocked.
I know there is no inside release unless you mod it, and not sure if i want to climb around back there.

Any simple trick to reach the hoist gear from beneath somehow that I cant think of?

Any way to drop the spare from under the truck?

Currently mid project and I realized i may need to drop the spare, don't have the battery in but doors are unlocked.
I know there is no inside release unless you mod it, and not sure if i want to climb around back there.

Any simple trick to reach the hoist gear from beneath somehow that I cant think of?
put a jump pack or solar generator or battery charger on your battery leads, you should then be able to release the hatch and tailgate

put a jump pack or solar generator or battery charger on your battery leads, you should then be able to release the hatch and tailgate

Thanks, I got a noco in there.
Im still worried about ahc but it should not prime or pump in accesory mode right? My hoses are off. Right?? lol

Im still worried about ahc but it should not prime or pump in accesory mode right? My hoses are off. Right?? lol
There isn't an emergency release handle inside the back of your vehicle to open from the inside?

you can always unplug the pump connector on inside frame rail right below the fuel filler

There is a manual release for the hatch under a square panel in the door. Pop it off and you can open the hatch and then drop the tailgate

Right, thats the one. Thanks!

Is anyone able to get past page 100 in the 200 series forum? I can get to 100 but anything 101 or later results in an error.

Is anyone able to get past page 100 in the 200 series forum? I can get to 100 but anything 101 or later results in an error.

Same here - nothing >100

I put lift/larger tires on my 21 LC200.

Is the standard size spare now useless? O can I use it similar to a donut tire on other cars? No lockers, but not sure how AWD plays into this undersized tire.

TIA.

Sometimes, but not always. I probalby should...
I carry two impacts. A little one and a big gun. When I work on my rig in the shop, I work out of my tool bags that are always with me. On trips I add some more “just in case”. I carry quite a few parts too and intend to add an axle kit. I used to carry an alternator kit too but I’ve since replaced the starter. The starter would be a very difficult trail job but having all the parts could save time once you got to a local shop. I definitely carry more crap than I have needed but space is not an issue for me as it’s usually just me and one other.

@CharlieS your axle kit list is great. I was actually thinking of pulling one of mine and putting it back in my shop to teach myself and make sure I know what I’m doing.

Get one of the size so it’s useful in a pinch and damage diffs and transfer case.

I already have a full size spare on bumper. Just wanted to know if the smaller one was useless and I could remove it, as opposed to keeping it as a 2nd spare. Would also free up space for an LRA tank.

I already have a full size spare on bumper. Just wanted to know if the smaller one was useless and I could remove it. as opposed to a 2nd spare. Would also free up space for an LRA tank.

Put a 40 gal gas tank under there. Dont run the donut.

I need help with some ideas on why my reverse lights are not working?

The vehicle reverse lights are not working but the trailer reverse lights are working.

The 10 amp fuse called "BKUP LP" under the driver dash is ok.
The 7.5 amp fuse called TRLR BKUP under the glove box is ok.

What else could cause the vehicle backup lights to not work? Any Ideas?

I was re-wiring my rear ARB bumper signal lights so that they worked wired off the trailer plug harness.
I accidently shorted the yellow trailer back light up wire when installing the re-wire, so it popped the 7.5 amp fuse for the trailer backup lights located under the glove box.
I finished wiring the 2 way to 3 way device for the signal lights and now all the signal, brake and running lights all work as they should.
I replaced the 7.5 amp fuse and the trailer backup lights are now working BUT the vehicle backup lights are not.

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong fuse or is there another fuse some where?

Well I figured this out .. my problem with my backup lamps not working.

The fuse was blown BUT is was not the fuse that is labeled "BKUP LP" which one would thing meant backup lamps.

Apparently on the 2016 the FUSE LABLES under the dash does not match the COVER LABLE, at least for the backup lamps.
Found the problem buy testing every fuse.

How annoying!

I already have a full size spare on bumper. Just wanted to know if the smaller one was useless and I could remove it, as opposed to keeping it as a 2nd spare. Would also free up space for an LRA tank.

My best mod .. the LRA Tank.
I have the 40 so it's like 8 five gallon fuel cans with auto feed.
A lot of folks like the 24 as it sits up higher, and is better for rocks.

I’m reinstalling the V8 emblem to the rear gate of my 2011. Does anyone have the placement measurements so I get an almost perfect location?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom