SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What skid plate am I missing here? Right below the oil pan.

6ED831B0-BE78-47B7-A1FC-97F5CF4D4955.jpeg

What skid plate am I missing here? Right below the oil pan.

View attachment 2684010
Missing the large square thick plastic skid plate. It contains a 2nd plate to access the oil drain, and it's easier to get to the front u-joint when removed. Usually the oil change monkeys just leave off the small plate, not the whole large plate (because they never lube the front joint).

WP_20151016_007.jpg

Bought the wife a new 2021 LC. It seems to be missing the headrest for the third row middle seat. My 2015 came with a head rest for the third row middle spot. Are the 21's supposed to come with the head rest also? There appears to be a spot to put it.

Missing the large square thick plastic skid plate. It contains a 2nd plate to access the oil drain, and it's easier to get to the front u-joint when removed. Usually the oil change monkeys just leave off the small plate, not the whole large plate (because they never lube the front joint).

View attachment 2684018
They never lube anything apparently (in upstate South Carolina).
Bought the wife a new 2021 LC. It seems to be missing the headrest for the third row middle seat. My 2015 came with a head rest for the third row middle spot. Are the 21's supposed to come with the head rest also? There appears to be a spot to put it.
it’s zipped up in the back of one of the third row seats.

Anyone know the bolt size for the bolt that holds the top of the windshield washer fluid fill tube in place? Mine is suspiciously missing. I have a stack of metric bolts but none of them seem to fit correctly.

Regarding cooled seats I have used the technique of turning it off when car is off and then turning back on seems to be "cooler" than leaving on all the time. Or if it's been on and doesn't seem to be flowing air as normal turn it off and turn it back on and air will flow better. Who knows but works for me.
This works for me as well.

Look in the zipper pocket behind the DS 3rd row seat.

Anyone know the bolt size for the bolt that holds the top of the windshield washer fluid fill tube in place? Mine is suspiciously missing. I have a stack of metric bolts but none of them seem to fit correctly.
@linuxgod It isn’t a bolt, it is a plastic pushpin fastener.
C332F9B3-DF01-4C40-B381-AD89DE27A826.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine was missing too. Same clips as radiator trim that I was also missing a few of.

Haha, that explains why no bolt will thread correctly!

Found it on partsouq

90467-07217​

When I replaced mine, my local dealer had them in stock, so I suspect they cross reference a common part location on another Toyota.

When I replaced mine, my local dealer had them in stock, so I suspect they cross reference a common part location on another Toyota.
There are a lot of similar parts with one number different that fit a lot of vehicles (8mm, 9mm, 9.1mm wide holes with 9, 9.8, 10, 13mm etc depth). I suspect they're more or less universal. I snagged a ridiculous kit with like a dozen different sizes off Amazon for less than the cost of the actual part I need + shipping, since I think I'm missing one or two of those in other places under the engine bay as well.

There are a lot of similar parts with one number different that fit a lot of vehicles (8mm, 9mm, 9.1mm wide holes with 9, 9.8, 10, 13mm etc depth). I suspect they're more or less universal. I snagged a ridiculous kit with like a dozen different sizes off Amazon for less than the cost of the actual part I need + shipping, since I think I'm missing one or two of those in other places under the engine bay as well.
Amazon is the best for that sort of thing…o-rings, hose clamps, threaded nuts and bolts, etc etc.

They never lube anything apparently (in upstate South Carolina).

it’s zipped up in the back of one of the third row seats.

If it's Greenville Toyota, that is a true statement. Among other things I asked specifically for that they didn't do.

Anyone know the best place to add-a-tap under the hood for a switched source in the 2013-2015 LC? @TeCKis300 had a layout for the LX but it doesn't match mine, and the couple places I tried either always had 12V or seemed to never have power ever.

Anyone know the best place to add-a-tap under the hood for a switched source in the 2013-2015 LC? @TeCKis300 had a layout for the LX but it doesn't match mine, and the couple places I tried either always had 12V or seemed to never have power ever.
Does it have to be under the hood? I have a good tap in the interior that routs easily - but not under the hood.

Ideally yes since I already ran the larger gauge 12V wiring to the back. It's not impossible to use something inside, just a hassle

Never mind I’m an idiot. The one marked IGN works. I tried a few less essential ones like the defroster first thinking if the add a tap failed it would cause me less headaches. But IGN works fine

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom