SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Need to buy 4 "standard" lug nuts (the ones with the captured washer for the original wheels). Stopped at a dealer today to pick up a few parts, they want $17.35. Yes, that's FOR EACH.

Anybody found an aftermarket source that is decent quality? I'm just trying to ditch those stupid wheel locks.

I happen to have exactly 4 from my 100 series. Pretty sure they’ll work...

Yours for postage if you want them:

E5366DFA-EBAA-4B90-897E-CE92AD82A4A3.jpeg

PM sent, thanks!

Need to buy 4 "standard" lug nuts (the ones with the captured washer for the original wheels). Stopped at a dealer today to pick up a few parts, they want $17.35. Yes, that's FOR EACH.

Anybody found an aftermarket source that is decent quality? I'm just trying to ditch those stupid wheel locks.

I bought a box of 20 off a CL tundra owner for $10, and got another 20 not a single pretty buying Tundra wheeels. The stock set on my lx had some minor corrosion. Have a few not nearly as nice as @Markuson , same price @KLF

I bought a box of 20 off a CL tundra owner for $10, and got another 20 not a single pretty buying Tundra wheeels. The stock set on my lx had some minor corrosion. Have a few not nearly as nice as @Markuson , same price @KLF

Mine aren’t visually all that nice...but free is nice I guess. :)

Try Mc Master Carr, they have everything under the sun and ship quickly. Look up hoist rings or eye bolts. WW Grainger and Marshalls Industrial Supply are 2 more sources

Last edited:
Just mentioning this because some may not know...but if you pay a bit extra, you can can all your Sirius channels on you cell phone or tablet...AND...it comes with WAY more bells and whistles.

For example...you can jump forward...jump back...and if you’re a news junky like me...many stations let you jump all the way back to shows from earlier in the day which then let you automatically skip commercials just like a DVR.

So nice when in cell coverage.

Anyway... It certainly names your favorites...and on cellular, even tells you what’s currently playing on each favorite at the moment without having to go to it.

Highly recommended.
tks for the tip on the xm. good idea but im app'd out:).... I dont even use entune stuff. when I get sleeted in more to the truck, I may check it out though.

Anyone have an estimated life span for factory shocks assuming rougher use?

They last a long time (many years...but impossible to be specific due to each use type)...but mine were the first stock items to go in the trash.

Even the most modest suspension upgrade will be a vast improvement. You can buy those Toyota struts for like $90 so they aren’t exactly high end...!

Alright, roast me.

Any LX owners noticed any negative repercussion to removing the plastic trim surrounding the engine bay? I'm talking about the covers that go right up to the engine itself. My gut tells me no, but I did notice some weather stripping and was hoping removal didn't cause excessive wind noise, etc.

Remove Exterior Door Handles Front Doors...

So I feel stupid but I'm trying to learn how to vinyl wrap the door handles and I want to make sure I'm not missing something before I go all hamfisted on the handle.

Pop'ed the round plug off the door jam side of the door, loosened the T30 screw, removed the small part of the outside door handle... FSM says to pull back and then out(like most doors) but mine won't budge with moderate but non excessive force. Before I break something, is there another screw or trick I don't know about? Or do I just need to yank harder?

I feel dumb for having to ask this, but I would feel worse if I just forced it off and there was a screw I was missing.

anyone know if the 4runner TRD Pro 17" wheels work on LC200s? If so pics of any, I'm assuming they don't work bc I can't find a pic anywhere

4Runners are 6-lug axles. LCs are 5-lug since the 100-series.

anyone know if the 4runner TRD Pro 17" wheels work on LC200s? If so pics of any, I'm assuming they don't work bc I can't find a pic anywhere

You want 5x150 pattern.

Here's my stupid question today: hill start assist, if it's what that's called. So, I live on a hill, and the first thing in the morning after backing out of my driveway is I'd head uphill to leave by street. Now, the 2011 LX570 most of the time rolls backwards downhill until I give gas. First question, shouldn't it control itself and not just roll? Second, when it rolls, the traction control light blinks and the cars sounds like Crawl was activated, grinding and grinding...

Just keep your foot on the brake while you give it some gas to get going up the hill. That's what your left foot is for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom