Builds Spyduh's LX450 Build (Motor Rebuild + Wits End Turbo Kit) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FYI RHD washer tanks that mount on the LHD fender are totally still available from Toyota. Two part numbers so two versions, in stock at Toyota and cheaper than some 3rd party who bought it from Toyota sells it for.

Cheers

I can’t find this part number to save my life, any ideas?

Delta shifter console, Switch Pro 9100, Plx Gauges, TRD OEM Boost gauge, Tmax Dual Batt and 12v wiring. Need to cleanup my Wits End Useless cubby but she's almost complete.

Had to remove my TUFFY cup holder for now. Still waiting on my @Delta VS center console to finish the interior.

20200217_163214_HDR.jpg

20200217_161010_HDR.jpg

20200217_153313_HDR.jpg

20200217_152755_HDR.jpg

So my batt was disconnected for a day because I was working on wiring. So by default the ECU forgot the saved parameters and it had to relearn again. I let it warm up and then headed to the freeway. It definitely felt FASTER like it did the first time I took it for a spin. I think the ECU either gave it more fuel in the beginning so it runs richer thus creating more HP. Either I need to work on an intercooler or meth injection to bring temps down (also creating more HP).

I set my timing with my crappy Harbor Freight timing gun and I know it's not accurate because I've tested it against my buddies Snao-On timing gun. Generally its off by 1-2 degrees. Usually not a big deal on N/A cars but since this is F/I it does make a difference since we're using factory ecu. So I'm headed to my buddies shop tonight to use his SnapOn timing gun to set it exactly at 3degrees. One thing to note. I've been consistenly monitoring my AFR and the factory ECu is doing a good job. 14.7 at idle and 10-12's on FULL throttle. In other words, rich = good on full peddle. Lean = BOOM on full peddle.

Been having trouble with my dual batt not charging for months now. It also consistently clicked on and off repeatedly.

I thought my rewire after the rebuild was wrong or my batt was dead or my isolator died. I threw it on the trickle charger and it took a charger fine. Only problem is when the isolator linked the 2 batts didn't actually link an charge my 2nd batt. When linked it evens out the voltage.

I took out my power probe and started diagnosing. Turned out the higher alt voltage wasnt making it from 1 lead from isolator to aux batt positive. I took out the aux cable positive wire. Batt side came off fine. As soon as i touched the isolator end it broke apart and disintegrated.

I usually use solid copper wire but I ran out when I put my system together. So I used some copper clad stuff i had laying around. Note to self. Never use that copper cladded crap ever again. It's as good as garbage.

20200218_214034-COLLAGE.jpg

The 2 empty spots will be placed with a "Missle Launch" and "Oil Slick" Button. Only fitting to finish the fighter cockpit off =)

That's what I'm talking about! Good choice. I always found that "Smoke Screen" was useless.

Been having trouble with my dual batt not charging for months now. It also consistently clicked on and off repeatedly.

I thought my rewire after the rebuild was wrong or my batt was dead or my isolator died. I threw it on the trickle charger and it took a charger fine. Only problem is when the isolator linked the 2 batts didn't actually link an charge my 2nd batt. When linked it evens out the voltage.

I took out my power probe and started diagnosing. Turned out the higher alt voltage wasnt making it from 1 lead from isolator to aux batt positive. I took out the aux cable positive wire. Batt side came off fine. As soon as i touched the isolator end it broke apart and disintegrated.

I usually use solid copper wire but I ran out when I put my system together. So I used some copper clad stuff i had laying around. Note to self. Never use that copper cladded crap ever again. It's as good as garbage.

View attachment 2215356

Whoa!...note to others, never use copper cladding no matter how much cheaper it is.

I like and use Quality Copper Battery Cables Made in the USA! - BatteryCablesUSA for bulk cable

if brackets are still available I could turn on the CC mounts again.

Not to hijack a thread, but I’d be in for a Landtank WE CC relocation bracket!

Part Number: 82615-60010
I just ordered one up...would be great to have the lanktank CC bracket. I installed the little napa bottle but it's tiny and i'm not a fan of the mount design...its too cheaply made for my nice LX.

I tried to order one of these but I think it's NLA now.

Since I have removed my Supercharger, I have a few extra steps to get the turbo installed. Before I put the throttle body back onto the intake, I want to make sure I get this vacuum line correct. In a SC setup, this port on the intake is blocked off. Would you mind looking at your vacuum plumbing to see if the T under the intake is running up to this intake port?
9DAA959C-B44B-4AAB-86B3-9EF0A162ABB4.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom