Spring over (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone out there ever do a spring over conversion on a SWB BJ70? I feel like the truck would be too tall for its width but I’m not sure.

Anyone out there ever do a spring over conversion on a SWB BJ70? I feel like the truck would be too tall for its width but I’m not sure.
I agree it will be to tall.

Paging @Behemoth60
He’s pretty good about updating threads…check back in about 1.5 years from now.
It hurts because it's true.

I did SO on a BJ60 and BJ74. Never on a SWB 70. I put 100's of Thousands of KM's driving all around North America like that.
Lesson learned from Spring Overs. 1). Springs should definitely be Over the axles. 2) those springs should never be leaf springs... They should be coils.
The problems with Spring Over - you have NO control over any of the variables that contribute to driving dynamics, like squat, roll axis, and such. You get what you get, and that is a rolly polly truck with massive amounts of squat and dive. BUT... you also get the springs out from under the axles, which are a massive impediment when offroading. I am the kind of guy that will put up with slowing to a crawl in a corner on the street so I don't get stuck in the ruts on the trails.
All my current builds are links and coils. Which is maybe why they are not done. Fair point. But I am 'Over' spring overs. I won't do one again.

Ok. Some good points here. Thanks a lot for the insight everyone. I’ll just ensure to pick good lines 🤘.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom