Events/Trails Southern Swine Soirée-2020 The Ozarks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just a word on the weather. Looks like there is a front moving through on Friday now.

The water is low and the ground is not saturated BUT the Buffalo and Richland Creek to the south are flash flood zones.

I crossed North to South at Woolum in January at 4.5’ on the St Joe Buffalo gauge.

Right now it is at 3.5’

EC29A239-21C4-41B8-9BE7-03C0F21D1D03.jpeg

We should be fine but you never know. Just make sure you know what’s what before you wade off in one of these crossings after a big rain

Just to confirm, campsite is the south side of the river? View attachment 2471263

Yes.

Not sure where we will be. Hopefully on the west end but if the deer camp is still set up there we will have to reevaluate. We will be on that bar somewhere until Saturday AM

Yes.

Not sure where we will be. Hopefully on the west end but if the deer camp is still set up there we will have to reevaluate. We will be on that bar somewhere until Saturday AM
Cool just preparing the rebuttal to, "You can just admit you are lost, you don't have to drive through the river to prove a point."
We'll be swingin in hopefully before dusk Friday night.

It’s a security guard car build with many pieces of external Mosley magic.
It’s just been lightly seasoned with a Sniper, AC, and a few maintenance items. It’s been hibernating for a year or so, and this will be a good test drive to see if we need to touch anything else for the new owner.
So, maybe I should have Mrs. Scraps wade out first just to check. 👍
careful Ron, if the water comes up to 4.5', you could lose your navigator, and your compass in life. Plus I watched you two on PP20, all this time together and you two were having a great time!

Sorry to be awol. Had a busy weekend and changed oil on both cruisers. Then the laptop died....I can bring anything you will need for longpool along with the cobbler. I’ll head up to Richland on sat and hope to meet somewhere near Ben hur. Creeks are low so crossing should be good.

best, ty
:beer:

Black powder deer season opened last Saturday but I cant imagine someone running a week long camp there. Opening weekend has by far the most hunters. We have had light rain for 2 days and it won't raise the creek at the pace it is falling but i will help the dust situation. Forest service really frowns on bringing in outside wood but with a saw and a few stops during the day Ive never had trouble with getting firewood.

Just a word on the weather. Looks like there is a front moving through on Friday now.

The water is low and the ground is not saturated BUT the Buffalo and Richland Creek to the south are flash flood zones.

I crossed North to South at Woolum in January at 4.5’ on the St Joe Buffalo gauge.

Right now it is at 3.5’

Your braver than myself. 4 is usually my cutoff on the st joe gauge and 2.5 on the richland creek crossing. Last weekend you could have crossed it on a bike its so low.

Your braver than myself. 4 is usually my cutoff on the st joe gauge and 2.5 on the richland creek crossing. Last weekend you could have crossed it on a bike its so low.

Yup, 4 ft on the st joe gage and 2.5 on richland is the bottom end for paddling those creeks. pools can be deep.....:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom