Southern Comforts (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Reeves, have you tried Spiralized zucchini in substitute of pasta? That pretty much all I eat now when we have spaghetti w/meat sauce. It's made it on the menu at least one day a week for a long time now.

image.jpg

(Borrowed photo)

Reeves, have you tried Spiralized zucchini in substitute of pasta? That pretty much all I eat now when we have spaghetti w/meat sauce. It's made it on the menu at least one day a week for a long time now.

View attachment 936411

(Borrowed photo)

I know what I'll try next time. THANKS!

J

Could you shoot me the recipe for that please?

Could you shoot me the recipe for that please?

PM'd the recipe and here it is for anyone else thats interested.

J

Chicken, broccoli and potato casserole

Stage 1

4 potatoes cut into ¼” slices
¼ cup butter melted
1 medium shallot chopped
1 clove garlic chopped
¼ cup milk
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Stir all ingredients together in a glass baking dish, cover and cook at 400 for 30-40 minutes/until tender.

Stage 2

3 chicken breast
3 cups chicken broth
1 large bunch of broccoli
4 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup flour
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup Beck/Heineken beer
2 teaspoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon pepper
Pinch of cayenne pepper
6 oz gruyere or swiss cheese shredded

Combine the stock and whole breast in a pot and simmer over med/high heat for 12-15 minutes, keep the stock. Remove the breasts and let rest on a cutting board. Steam the broccoli for 5-6 minutes and let rest with the breasts.

In a saucepan melt the butter and whisk in the flour, whisk constantly for 2 minutes, and add the reserved stock steadily, stir together until it starts to thicken. Add the cream, beer, pepper, lemon juice cayenne and ½ the cheese to the stock mixture. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.

Arrange the broccoli on top of the potatoes, pour about a cup of the sauce over the broccoli. Slice the breasts crosswise into thin slices and place on top of the broccoli, pour the remaining sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the dish. Cook uncovered for 15 min. at 400F. Turn the oven to broil and broil until lightly browned.

Did shrimp etoufee over rice for dinner last night. Tried to find crawdads in Utah, no luck. Guess you can catch them at a local reservoir, will put that on the list for the spring to try out. The etoufee turned out good, simple recipe of roux, holy trinity, maters, seasoning, and stock. I like it as more of a sauce than a soup, probably used a little too much stock. I'll try to remember to snap a pic of the leftovers.

Also tried a bag recipe mix for hushpuppies, Martha White. Dunno if it was the mix or the oil, but they turned out awful, gritty on the outside, oily, centers not done.

Did shrimp etoufee over rice for dinner last night. Tried to find crawdads in Utah, no luck. Guess you can catch them at a local reservoir, will put that on the list for the spring to try out. The etoufee turned out good, simple recipe of roux, holy trinity, maters, seasoning, and stock. I like it as more of a sauce than a soup, probably used a little too much stock. I'll try to remember to snap a pic of the leftovers.

Also tried a bag recipe mix for hushpuppies, Martha White. Dunno if it was the mix or the oil, but they turned out awful, gritty on the outside, oily, centers not done.

Trunk, gotta stay at 375 degrees through the fry...find the McCormick (have to add lots of seasoning) or Tony Chacheres , or Zatarians puppy mix, if you can't find it in SLC PM me and I'll get you one coming...... I have a couple of contacts in LA for mudbugs... One in Laplace and the other in Mandeville, LA.. I can get a 80 qt cooler shipped up during season for about $220.00... I'll let you know when I will order again. Maybe do a meet and greet between you and me somewhere and have a bug boil....

J

I was using a Frydaddy, so there's no temp control and from doing other food in it, it's been pretty consistent. I also cut some peppered bacon into 2" long bits and fried it after the puppies, HUGE hit with the kids. As for the mudbugs, I guess you can pull batches out of Strawberry Resevoir nearby with a chicken leg on a string. Found a youtube of a guy doing it, had 30-40 of them in a few minutes.

Well I guess this is extreme south.... Sicily maybe...

Fresh ground meat... equal parts of ribeye, chuck and sirloin... A hearty meat sauce on some fettuccine

My buddy has a vineyard in East Texas and I needed to try this variety. Very clean taste. EVEN CHARLIE WANTED SOME OF THIS!

J

P1000174.JPG
P1000193.JPG
P1000187.JPG
P1000194.JPG
P1000198.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom