Southern Comforts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks very good J!

Yesterday I went south...blew right past the "deep south" into Mexico :D No pics to prove me otherwise...but a quick saute of onion, garlic, diced yellow and zuke squash and goat monterey jack...with leftover roti'd chicken...into dipped corn tortillas using Herdez guajillo sauce. Damn.

Nothing beats making a real red sauce from scratch...but when pressed for time I'm thankful Herdez recently brought out their jarred chile sauces!

Looks very good J!

Yesterday I went south...blew right past the "deep south" into Mexico :D No pics to prove me otherwise...but a quick saute of onion, garlic, diced yellow and zuke squash and goat monterey jack...with leftover roti'd chicken...into dipped corn tortillas using Herdez guajillo sauce. Damn.

Nothing beats making a real red sauce from scratch...but when pressed for time I'm thankful Herdez recently brought out their jarred chile sauces!

I here ya there. They have that at the local grocer here. I love the chipotles in adobo sauce, probably the one product I can't do without.

J

Po boys last night...fresh shucked Tomales Bay oysters for me and shrimp for her ;) About as southern as I get :D

Seasoned flour...egg/milk wash...seasoned semolina for the crumb. A little lettuce, sliced tomato, homemade tartar sauce and several spritzes of habanero sauce in the middle of local French loaf.

po boy 1.jpg
oysters shrimp battered.jpg
oyster frying.jpg
po boy.jpg

Po boys last night...fresh shucked Tomales Bay oysters for me and shrimp for her ;) About as southern as I get :D

Seasoned flour...egg/milk wash...seasoned semolina for the crumb. A little lettuce, sliced tomato, homemade tartar sauce and several spritzes of habanero sauce in the middle of local French loaf.

View attachment 927416 View attachment 927417 View attachment 927418 View attachment 927419

Looks good to me.. We had shrimp salad today on some of the :princess: homemade rolls. Two styles, spicy creole and a lemon dill.

These hit the spot on a warm day.

J

P1040557.JPG
P1040568.JPG
P1040570.JPG

Last edited:
Looks great J! Not sure where you find time to get done all the stuff you get done and still post big on MUD :D

Way off topic, but how do you like those tiled countertops with as much cooking as you do? I inherited the previous owners tile tops when I bought my house, I absolutely hate tile countertops.

Food looks great by the way.

^ its a rental. But to answer your question...the only real issue I have had with the tile counters: My hand crank coffee grinder doesn't sit flat and wobbles :D. Other than that they're no bother...because they aren't mine :D Of course solid surface would be mobetta.

Ha, my buddy from Utah was talking about Flaming Gorge so I guessed Utah. Good work on the food. Wish I could talk my wife into moving to that part of the world.

you're killing me J

^ Oh boy...all the tasty looking and diverse homemade goodies you and you're :princess: cook...atop metalsmith work you've got going on! :clap:

^ Oh boy...all the tasty looking and diverse homemade goodies you and you're :princess: cook...atop metalsmith work you've got going on! :clap:

We love to cook and she is quite the baker to boot. Eventhough we are both working from home and see each other off and on all day, our cooking time lets us unwind and have that quality time at the end of the day. We really get involved in the menu and grocery shopping.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom