Sound Insulation LC200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone installed additional sound deadening insulation in an LC 200? I imagine the best gains would be in the doors and ceiling. No, I don't want the LX :)

im thinking about it
engine is louder than the 100, so wanting a more isolated cabin

Does the LX have thicker side windows? If so, then can we fit that into LC? That would be the biggest gain IMHO because wind noise is more than road noise even with my BFGs.

Back when I had a 100 Series the LC guys would often add a bunch of weatherstripping that was present on the LX, but not the LC. There was data verified with a DB meter which proved it was beneficial.

On the 100 series LX there's a myriad of gaskets on the doors that the LC didn't have. Is that the same for the 200? I know my 200 LX has a gasket on the rear door which closes the gap between the rear and front door when they're closed. Does the 200 LC have that?

Might be an easy way to add some factory made proven sound deadening without too much weight.

Here's the thread:

I love driving my 60, or the wife’s sienna and then immediately getting the 200 up to 80 on the freeway. It’s like a coffin buried 10 feed under…I can’t imagine how quiet the LX is.

While that’s all perspective, don’t get me wrong…I’m open to spending more money on parts to make the LC marginally better.

Does the LX have thicker side windows? If so, then can we fit that into LC? That would be the biggest gain IMHO because wind noise is more than road noise even with my BFGs.
I believe they are laminated glass vs our tempered, and this can help reduce wind noise.

There's probably a number of things that can be done for a quieter cabin, but it would be hard to replicate the comprehensive details that the LX uses. That said, you could resort to some of the proven dynomat type installations for the cabin. And use some of the LX details?

@Mixelplix is spot on with the seal between the front to rear doors. Perhaps this could be added to the LC?
LC left vs LX right. Note additional door jamb seal
1633103978233.png

@bloc Yes the LX uses AGC type acoustic laminated glass whereas the LC doesn't. Prob could be retrofit.

LX has additional engine covers underhood which likely attenuates engine sounds.

There's probably quite a bit more and would be cool if we can capture those.

Last edited:
I believe they are laminated glass vs our tempered, and this can help reduce wind noise.
If we can fit that on the LC, then that would be my first mod to reduce noise.

There's probably a number of things that can be done for a quieter cabin, but it would be hard to replicate the comprehensive details that the LX uses. That said, you could resort to some of the proven dynomat type installations for the cabin. And use some of the LX details?

@Mixelplix is spot on with the seal between the front to rear doors. Perhaps this could be added to the LC?
LC left vs LX right. Note additional door jamb seal
View attachment 2800930

@bloc Yes the LX uses AGC type acoustic laminated glass whereas the LC doesn't. Prob could be retrofit.

LX has additional engine covers underhood which likely attenuates engine sounds.

There's probably quite a bit more and would be cool if we can capture those.

Would love to see a pic from an LX owner that shows these in action!

Would love to see a pic from an LX owner that shows these in action!

I had actually just replaced this trim on my drivers side as it had a small tear. 95% relies on an adhesive backing in the channel on the rear door. A little nub on the very top where it secures into the brightwork trim. Creates a nice seal between the front and rear door. I don't see how this wouldn't just drop in on the LC200. Prob also handy to keep the jams cleaner offroading? Cheap and easy.

67895-60030​
Weatherstrip Rear Door (Passenger)​
$16.09​
67896-60030Weatherstrip Rear Door (Driver)$16.09

xN2Hv-WF9UM1NcZEVk9OtGzK_40g_fXNq-C21avycziEDku4LOvI9mgw8Ak9jpFROic78i15cF5alI2klHWn2RqVrcyAKku7nSnNC9IasFzexVLpJnpxKQpmdIhPZiFzgsqVsKFWLliMlZYVQuXxkkS2LX1P3FhzmZVDDmuckdyRLHTPabmoDUXAd4bTPL1U1PV2fdHHZt7CBGDxUQlRp7KizhAGQlArN6EfXlC0xbeqI1DMUlbLtu8rjcmgT42E3P_7Xgn17kGxyd-0pQNMBYMActcx4R1Pu5xGvvNq-8uEVItNHSfM6N0cmk1zc5obSy74JEuZ9KBzkREirhQiTrDksDF9j5qmVdl2FcTUPwbiVLvH8TYbdMEsoEC0LqTdlzkWxtvBk-X4eRW7vVNqW3TixFHXXKhDDLFd9L_YWQ5ve0-RAHIoayAw2wO9TLtss05Dk5kzALAn8e5AXd5NImklppC2LM1VBVFEhlUSeAjj1OdBzan083q4Fsyzqk4hdVFSG345tc4pkqsLPeE-50I-gQSHEsotzVU_RzI1drWfernmChJjDsrgNbNXnXKihjxA_6ij-E8HgTL2otz1uEOvpNzn9BJ8i8m_epFFKIyaJ745i1UkJRpEbcHTvPAjBv3wXZtRIbc1Y1YAM0u0HrdsofTuMGx9MPg-9Adu1ZSa_ua3km6sS1lt6G-p2gbV395kk1dphZoasGtEt1awqlzI=w1004-h1338-no

I had actually just replaced this trim on my drivers side as it had a small tear. 95% relies on an adhesive backing in the channel on the rear door. A little nub on the very top where it secures into the brightwork trim. Creates a nice seal between the front and rear door. I don't see how this wouldn't just drop in on the LC200. Prob also handy to keep the jams cleaner offroading? Cheap and easy.

67895-60030​
Weatherstrip Rear Door (Passenger)​
$16.09​
67896-60030Weatherstrip Rear Door (Driver)$16.09

xN2Hv-WF9UM1NcZEVk9OtGzK_40g_fXNq-C21avycziEDku4LOvI9mgw8Ak9jpFROic78i15cF5alI2klHWn2RqVrcyAKku7nSnNC9IasFzexVLpJnpxKQpmdIhPZiFzgsqVsKFWLliMlZYVQuXxkkS2LX1P3FhzmZVDDmuckdyRLHTPabmoDUXAd4bTPL1U1PV2fdHHZt7CBGDxUQlRp7KizhAGQlArN6EfXlC0xbeqI1DMUlbLtu8rjcmgT42E3P_7Xgn17kGxyd-0pQNMBYMActcx4R1Pu5xGvvNq-8uEVItNHSfM6N0cmk1zc5obSy74JEuZ9KBzkREirhQiTrDksDF9j5qmVdl2FcTUPwbiVLvH8TYbdMEsoEC0LqTdlzkWxtvBk-X4eRW7vVNqW3TixFHXXKhDDLFd9L_YWQ5ve0-RAHIoayAw2wO9TLtss05Dk5kzALAn8e5AXd5NImklppC2LM1VBVFEhlUSeAjj1OdBzan083q4Fsyzqk4hdVFSG345tc4pkqsLPeE-50I-gQSHEsotzVU_RzI1drWfernmChJjDsrgNbNXnXKihjxA_6ij-E8HgTL2otz1uEOvpNzn9BJ8i8m_epFFKIyaJ745i1UkJRpEbcHTvPAjBv3wXZtRIbc1Y1YAM0u0HrdsofTuMGx9MPg-9Adu1ZSa_ua3km6sS1lt6G-p2gbV395kk1dphZoasGtEt1awqlzI=w1004-h1338-no
Awesome, thanks for the pic! I'll get them ordered and installed on the LC and post up a review. I'm expecting zero noise improvement, but this is just fun to do.

Wow you learn something new everyday on MUD. And another win for the LX :).
I knew about the glass but not the door seal. Cant believe the LC doest come with it.

I dont think anyone in the world knows more about the LC<>LX differences than @TeCKis300 aside from MAYBE some of the engineers and designers. Maybe.

Installed on my 21 LC today. The only difference Toyota/Lexus is that the bright window belt trim on the Toyota does not have a small hole to accept the plastic clip/nub. Since I did not feel like disassembling the molding or trying to pry the cover off, I just neatly cut the top part off and now have the strip connected fully with the adhesive. It looks great to me and what the heck - figure it should do something?

Anyway, no sound improvement as expected, but maybe just classing up the "utilitarian" LC to LX level a bit?

91B14A3D-AFD0-4AED-B53A-EAF820D5733F.jpeg

FD3849D6-C844-4A3D-8587-AA138F90461D.jpeg

B0D4F233-E864-43BB-9765-B93064A8A921.jpeg

Installed on my 21 LC today. The only difference Toyota/Lexus is that the bright window belt trim on the Toyota does not have a small hole to accept the plastic clip/nub. Since I did not feel like disassembling the molding or trying to pry the cover off, I just neatly cut the top part off and now have the strip connected fully with the adhesive. It looks great to me and what the heck - figure it should do something?

Anyway, no sound improvement as expected, but maybe just classing up the "utilitarian" LC to LX level a bit?

View attachment 2805339

View attachment 2805340

View attachment 2805341
Nice…i am telling you guys…the only significant improvement is getting those LX side window glass! But i am too chicken to invest in that. I will live vicariously thru you guys.

Nice…i am telling you guys…the only significant improvement is getting those LX side window glass! But i am too chicken to invest in that. I will live vicariously thru you guys.
Just occurred to me the tint might not be the same color anyway..

The LX also has an air barrier between the front fender and the base of the A pillar. If the 200s are similar to the 100s, these were LX only

IMG_20211008_121849.jpg

The LX also has an air barrier between the front fender and the base of the A pillar. If the 200s are similar to the 100s, these were LX only

View attachment 2807106

Looks like the LC does have that partition if I'm looking at the right thing.

LC left, LX right
1633711976360.png

View attachment 2805339

View attachment 2805340

View attachment 2805341
What adhesive did you use to hold the weatherstrips to the door?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom