Some Pics From Tonight (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Paint brand is OMNI AE, i'm assuming the AE stands for acrylic enamel, never heard of it before myself but it goes on nice.
Bolted the fenders and hood on after work, the nice thing about this colour is i can paint one or more panels at a time.
I am thinking about painting the roof white, any thoughts?
Anyways here is some more pics.
005.jpg
007.jpg
011.jpg

white roof

+1 white roof

Paint the rest of the beast the color you have up front.
Lookin great
-Carl

Awesome build. Thanks for sharing. Subscribed

I painted my roof white about three years ago, I like it. I cut in about 3-4 inched from the edge as I wanted just the top to be white to reflect the sun as much as possible (no A/C).

I'd seen 60s with white A pillars but I thought it looks too much like a 55 knock off, not my taste but that's just my personal preference.

My truck for the most part is flat black and after I painted the roof white I ran a grey stripe down the side so I suppose you could now refer to it as a tri-tone.

attachment.php

ROM_flexing-in-mud.jpg

PS, Nice build, been following it for a while. What are you doing in regards to closing in your front fenders after that nice trimming job?

Inner fenders have been cut back to the row of bolts, from there i plan on forming a piece of plastic to fit in the gap. Will post up pics when complete. ( if it works out )
Finished welding the part of the rear door that will form part of the wheel well.
With 4" cut out of the bottom was just able to get the glass and hardware out of the door.
Anyways got it primed undercoated and painted.
You may notice a small piece welded into the body line of the door, this is to fill in a gap in the flare.
If yall remember, i am using two pairs of mini truck flares to use on the enlarged wheel openings.
Thanks for all the comments and interest.
Vince
014.jpg
012.jpg
009.jpg

Wow!

Great job....those fender cuts are perfect. Especially like how you did the rears. Will you be able to re mount the back seat when you are all done?

Cant wait to see this thing when you are done!

johnkappus;4760917 Will you be able to re mount the back seat when you are all done? No said:
353737[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 2,002
I painted my roof white about three years ago, I like it. I cut in about 3-4 inched from the edge as I wanted just the top to be white to reflect the sun as much as possible (no A/C).

I'd seen 60s with white A pillars but I thought it looks too much like a 55 knock off, not my taste but that's just my personal preference.

My truck for the most part is flat black and after I painted the roof white I ran a grey stripe down the side so I suppose you could now refer to it as a tri-tone.

attachment.php

ROM_flexing-in-mud.jpg

PS, Nice build, been following it for a while. What are you doing in regards to closing in your front fenders after that nice trimming job?

Paint brand is OMNI AE, i'm assuming the AE stands for acrylic enamel, never heard of it before myself but it goes on nice.
Bolted the fenders and hood on after work, the nice thing about this colour is i can paint one or more panels at a time.
Anyways here is some more pics.

In my opinion, Rig and Baxter have the two sickest and nicest rigs on this site. Baxter yours is EPIC and Rigo that thing has always been my model while I build mine

Spent the morning working on the other rear door, you can see by the pieces how much of the door was cut out.
005.jpg
004.jpg
008.jpg

You make sheet metal work look easy. Props to you!

Got up early cause i had other s*** to do later but i managed to paint a few more parts.
Woke up Mrs 650 and she was not at her happiest, 18 yr anniversary tomorrow.
You know this girl has a ton of patience to put up with my s***.
Love you baby!
015 (5).jpg
019 (2).jpg
023 (2).jpg

Hahahahahaha :clap::clap:

-Carl

Incredible build! :beer:

:popcorn:

My upper gate has some rust and dents, i also don't plan on running a rear wiper.
So i came up with this to fix it up.
PU gate.jpg
toyota graft 2.jpg
toyota graft 3.jpg

Sweet idea, interested to see how that turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom