SAS Solid Axle Summit #5 Official Thread (3 Viewers)

Color Choices for SAS #5 Shirt and Trail Flags

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Body is almost back together. Need to shove in glass and paint the top, and still have a ton of fab stuff to do for my fenders and slider, but I think I will be fully together by then.

20210723_125725.jpg

20210723_220025.jpg

Also, @dogfishlake, I'll have your rack that I won last year on the cruiser. Are you planning on coming out this year?

Also, @dogfishlake, I'll have your rack that I won last year on the cruiser. Are you planning on coming out this year?
I was talking with him last night. He is leaving Friday morning. Im still waiting on a radiator from SOR for my 60. Fingers crossed it arrives Tuesday then I can head south to visit Patrick and get my bowfin rack installed before departure.

Whats your 20 Chris? I bet there is someone in the Cruiser community that can get you fixed near where you are.

Whats your 20 Chris? I bet there is someone in the Cruiser community that can get you fixed near where you are.
I was only just south Montgomery. Not even 3hrs from home so I just turned around. It flaps in the wind and creaks badly and cracks when I make turns. Hopefully I can get one in decently quick and make my way towards Colorado. I’ll have to abort plans for the upcoming week probably, but it is what it is. I have a new OEM gasket at home so at least I have that going for me. Lol

Dam that sucks. Looks like something big hit you ?
A few buzzards in the road took off and one took a chance at swooping back to the road and grabbing the roadkill. I was on the brakes hard and slowing. If it weren’t for that, and it scraping down the hood and hitting the wipers I think it could have came inside.

A few buzzards in the road took off and one took a chance at swooping back to the road and grabbing the roadkill. I was on the brakes hard and slowing. If it weren’t for that, and it scraping down the hood and hitting the wipers I think it could have came inside.
Mmhmm. I’ve also similarly learned my lesson the hard way about buzzards and road kill…at least it didn’t “explode” it’s contents all over your truck 🤮

Just glad no one was hurt. Hoping you can get it repaired quickly and get back on your way.
I well be bring some locally roasted coffee to share and looking forward to meeting you, as well as the rest of the group!!!

Today I started the replacement of the original solenoids in my Warn 8274 winch with an Albright contactor. A while back the winch spool in stopped working, so I bought the Albright from Amazon (Dieselize). Since I decided to bring the '76 FJ40 this year, I figured I should have a working winch. I have the Warn backplate, hose clamps, and hardware soaking in Evapo-Rust this afternoon. I should be able to reassemble it tomorrow morning and check it out.

If you don't have it together, bring the pieces. That's a good time killer / ppl meeter project in camp.

@thatcabledude you are welcome at our place if you need anything as you head out. Shoot me a PM. Best of luck!

Ever have one of those OH SH*T moments, and then you're REALLY glad that didn't happen on the trail?

So I've been working on the brakes, replaced rotors, calipers, pads, full flush and bleed. Took it for a test drive yesterday and wasn't happy with them, pedal not at all firm. Of course I didn't bleed the LSPV and figured that must be it. This morning went through the full bleed running most of a bottle through the system and also bled the LSPV. Went for a test drive. Brakes were MUCH better, so I amped up the speed and went for a full power stop, wanting to activate the ABS.

POP! and the pedal went to the floor...while running downhill into a curve at about 40mph.

I was able to pump them and get a little bit of brakes, managed to make it back into the driveway and limp into the garage with a trail of fluid running behind me. Once I got under the problem was obvious. The front passenger STAINLESS STEEL BRAIDED LINE had blown, badly. Luckily I happen to have a set I bought from Slee and just hadn't gotten around to replacing them yet. Guess what I'm doing today?

PSA: Just because you have SS brake lines does NOT mean you're good. Check and replace every couple of years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom