SAS Solid Axle Summit #5 Official Thread (2 Viewers)

Color Choices for SAS #5 Shirt and Trail Flags

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Funny as I was just thinking about this today. I need to replace my valve stem seals. Known that for a while just haven’t done it. Debating getting a different distributor. Maybe rebuild the carburetor. Been 8 years since last. Oh and pretty sure my alternator needs to be rebuilt.

Really just itching to drive this thing. Snow is finally melting. Once they’re done salting I can drive it to work, etc.

Also debating seats. My stock seats are tired. Considered aftermarket but can’t decide between that and fixing up my stockers. I priced $OR foams and it was $75 shipping to get them here, then I have to fix my original cover. Throw in the fact I’m 6’5” and unsure if I’d fit in the vehicle. You see my dilemma. Then we start an originality debate and it never bodes well.

Oh and I’m not really sure on the status of my air conditioning. Will I need it?

All thoughts and opinions welcome
I have not had A/C in a solid 8 years.... but I end up using my heater in ouray

4.88 nitro gears done by Cruiser Outfitters are being reinstalled by Steve Cooper in Jimmy’s Barn this weekend (delayed by Texas Snowmageddon). Plus axle kits, belts, hoses and fluids/oils. WNOR sliders ordered. GMRS ordered (and antenna bracket from Archer Bros 😆). New stereo and replacement speakers next before Lone Star Cruiser Roundup next month. New shoes will go on before the Texas Convoy hits the road for CO...

@dogfishlake bringing me the Bowfin roof rack in Ouray!
thumbnail_63608401127__531782D1-8E55-41F7-AE39-4E1C01388FB8.jpg

I was taking direction from some homeless guy

thumbnail_63608417242__8177CA03-07E8-4366-9567-1C5D1D0DF498.jpg

This is a very cool thread from this week on the 80’s forum involving Mr. @Jason hansen in Moab...I thought it also represented the Solid Axle spirit well!

4.88 nitro gears done by Cruiser Outfitters are being reinstalled by Steve Cooper in Jimmy’s Barn this weekend (delayed by Texas Snowmageddon). Plus axle kits, belts, hoses and fluids/oils. WNOR sliders ordered. GMRS ordered (and antenna bracket from Archer Bros 😆). New stereo and replacement speakers next before Lone Star Cruiser Roundup next month. New shoes will go on before the Texas Convoy hits the road for CO...

@dogfishlake bringing me the Bowfin roof rack in Ouray!
Yessir!

Been driving my 80 lately that was stored for winter because my 100 is now deceased (but it saved my kids thank God), and my POS Dodge is down.
Man, that 80 just does everything so well, I can’t help thinking it might be the rig yet again this year.
0E4E8C8B-CE88-4236-ABDD-0A66F2C21968.jpeg

Is this still open?

Also, If anyone going is looking for a 4-speed tranny + T-case out of a '87 60 with aprox 200k on the odom. HMU. Im in Colorado and bringing my rig to @kelly saad for a spa treatment around this time and can arrange a meet up if this event is full. Or...at the event if still open.

thanks

Chris

Been driving my 80 lately that was stored for winter because my 100 is now deceased (but it saved my kids thank God), and my POS Dodge is down.
Man, that 80 just does everything so well, I can’t help thinking it might be the rig yet again this year.View attachment 2602774

looked good before, still looking good

1614901453318.jpeg

All you have to do is show up, mind your business, follow a few simple rules and don't be a doushbag. Seems to work with everyone I know or any where I go. Pretty simple really and we don't need the "authorities" deciding that for anyone.
Just be cool man.

@cruisermatt, you fabbed up a bubble for your ride yet?

lol nope. In fact I actually fixed most of my Rubicon damage pretty well in November, then we went to Tennessee over new years and I put all those dents right back in it. And broke the front locker like an idiot. :lol:

I'm been driving it everyday though. True daily driver! I am probably not going to make it out to Colorado this year. Too many irons in the fire here at CruiserMatt's Off-Road Enterprises to take a 3 week trip.

^^^

Dude, you belong out here🎯. Hope you can find a way to reconsider and make it to #5.

lol nope. In fact I actually fixed most of my Rubicon damage pretty well in November, then we went to Tennessee over new years and I put all those dents right back in it. And broke the front locker like an idiot. :lol:

I'm been driving it everyday though. True daily driver! I am probably not going to make it out to Colorado this year. Too many irons in the fire here at CruiserMatt's Off-Road Enterprises to take a 3 week trip.
I'm going to get you some driving shoes that have sharp pins on the inside of the right toe area. Finesse is where it's at man.

I would like to do pretty much the same trip I did last year in 2022, SAS and then Rubicon after but with 100% reliability. I would also like to spend more time wheeling in California. I've already completely redesigned and rebuilt my motor mount and transmission mount situation (which previously contributed to the bellhousing cracking and later shattering, also had my right motor mount rip completely off the frame on Rubicon), and I just need a stronger rear locker like a ARB (or just no locker, I seem to do pretty well without it), and I wouldn't have any of the issues I had.
Another thing I would like to do for next time is just plan ahead on shipping the truck home from California. I got quotes for less then $1500 from North California to Orlando.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom