SAS Solid Axle Summit #5 Official Thread (3 Viewers)

Color Choices for SAS #5 Shirt and Trail Flags

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My buddy grew up in telluride, he told me stories of driving up black bear in his 40 when it was not one way, being a high school kid and living in the mtns beer and weed was essential.
I really don’t see why people freak out on it when there is worse stuff out here, but will say it is a pretty drive
Make sure you bring the essentials come august

Last edited:
right now.... new water pump, oil pump gasket, sound deadening floor insulation, re-valved my rear shocks for my weight 8,200lbs, timbren bump stops on rear, hoop scoop for cooling (turbo) if it ever gets here. At the same time i install my turbo ill also do head gasket with studs. new heavy duty rear control arms, black gloss wrap to save my paint. new speed hut gauges for the turbo, coating the entire bottom frame and axles with POR15......omg the list never ends. And if my wife still hasn't left me, I may sneak in a few more things.:cool:

What is everyone doing to prep their Cruisers for August? It'll be here before we know it.

I'm still finishing it.

20210224_085810.jpg

I was hoping to get it driving for my 20th birthday, but that doesn't look like it is going to be happening.

I am still building. I know it doesn’t look like much but I have been sorting through a lot of little things, making good progress. I am still confident I will have it drivable by August.

3F4936AE-7DAE-4C08-A54D-B17A7A1789D5.jpeg

What is everyone doing to prep their Cruisers for August? It'll be here before we know it.
I was finally able to pickup the IP after 2 months of waiting for the rebuilder to get parts for it. Hopefully there are not any more multi-month delays, it's already going to be a close call with everything going on this year!

20210224_091102.jpg

If all goes to plan, I will drop my trany & t-case to reseal. 🆘🔧🧰🛠 As of this moment, this is the last of my leaks.🤞H41 & a split case with Aussie gears.

If all goes to plan, I will drop my trany & t-case to reseal. 🆘🔧🧰🛠 As of this moment, this is the last of my leaks.🤞H41 & a split case with Aussie should be easy with a man of your skills John.
Should be easy with your skills John..

New PS pump, headlight upgrade. Just did the new Dobinsons suspension kit with tie and relay rod ends. Next on tap is brakes/knuckles, and then probably drop the tranny/t-case and reseal/rebuild or bite the bullet and buy new t-case and tranny with an eye toward the next 35 years. Sliders, maybe? 33s probably. Hell, I’ve never dumped this amount of money into my rig and I love it.

I am still building. I know it doesn’t look like much but I have been sorting through a lot of little things, making good progress. I am still confident I will have it drivable by August.

View attachment 2596474
Oh if this makes it I will be so stoked, this is one of my favorite current builds on mud.

Im excited. Im coming up again with Mguire. I doubt my 60 will be done. I may try to swindle my dad in taking the fj40 but needs work. been sitting 7 years, needs trans and tcase rebuilt and of course a bunch of matiness. if not that Maybe the 80

4.88 nitro gears done by Cruiser Outfitters are being reinstalled by Steve Cooper in Jimmy’s Barn this weekend (delayed by Texas Snowmageddon). Plus axle kits, belts, hoses and fluids/oils. WNOR sliders ordered. GMRS ordered (and antenna bracket from Archer Bros 😆). New stereo and replacement speakers next before Lone Star Cruiser Roundup next month. New shoes will go on before the Texas Convoy hits the road for CO...

@dogfishlake bringing me the Bowfin roof rack in Ouray!

Funny as I was just thinking about this today. I need to replace my valve stem seals. Known that for a while just haven’t done it. Debating getting a different distributor. Maybe rebuild the carburetor. Been 8 years since last. Oh and pretty sure my alternator needs to be rebuilt.

Really just itching to drive this thing. Snow is finally melting. Once they’re done salting I can drive it to work, etc.

Also debating seats. My stock seats are tired. Considered aftermarket but can’t decide between that and fixing up my stockers. I priced $OR foams and it was $75 shipping to get them here, then I have to fix my original cover. Throw in the fact I’m 6’5” and unsure if I’d fit in the vehicle. You see my dilemma. Then we start an originality debate and it never bodes well.

Oh and I’m not really sure on the status of my air conditioning. Will I need it?

All thoughts and opinions welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom