SOLD Sold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell your friend that this is considered a “restomod”. A restoration would be back to factory spec, or at least very, very close to it (i.e. a Toyota 5-speed, later model PS/AC).

I agree with the assessments here. This is a nicely hot-rodded 40 that’ll do well at Barrett-Jackson. The cruiser nerds here aren’t looking for this style of truck for this asking price.

The bezel is asymmetrical top and bottom with the thicker part going on top. Common mistake easily corrected.

The cruiser nerds here aren’t looking for this style of truck for this asking price.

No one is, cruiser nerd or not. If you have $75k FJ40 money, youre buying a REALLY nice one. This isn’t it, for all the reasons mentioned above and more not mentioned but can be seen in the pictures posted.

Circa 1995 build! 35k rig…
Still way too much. This build was listed around $35k last summer before the owner came to his senses. Similar on the surface and drivetrain to the untrained eye, but twice the build if you look at the details (i know you know this).

whether it’s too much or not , I’m not the owner nor do I care for 40s , so I’m just the dude listing the ad for him , if you’d like to call and complain to him about his price and his build I can PM you his number .
Thanks .

Its more constructive criticism and knowing the market more than complaining.
And its also the community protecting uneducated buyers from themselves and delusional & nefarious sellers. You'll see the same criticisms of poorly "restored" south American 40 series all over the board, or any other series landcruiser advertised on the site with a "restored" price tag and braggadocios advertisement not representative of the build quality shown in the photos.

And it’s also the community protecting uneducated buyers from themselves and delusional & nefarious sellers. You'll see the same criticisms of poorly "restored" south American 40 series all over the board, or any other series landcruiser advertised on the site with a "restored" price tag and braggadocios advertisement not representative of the build quality shown in the photos.
If someone’s too stupid to know what they’re buying they shouldn’t be buying a classic vehicle in general and stick to dealerships. If someone’s truly interested they will look at the vehicle and make their own assessment . It is what it is you either buy it or you don’t .

Yep, your attitude has killed any sale on this forum. Try somewhere else.
I’ve been attacked the last 24 hours for helping a friend , yall have nothing better to do than to pick on peoples trucks and prices ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom