Soft top help (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know there have been many threads on this before. But the info seems outdated My friend says my75 was a factory soft top. I’m not sure. It does have the things in the back where the bows go and the loops. How can I tell? If so where can I get a good soft top n bows nowadays. I know I’m looking at around 2600 or so but think I may wanna go this route. Thx in advance. Bless us all during these very different days

88C6DAF7-7B71-433C-A270-CB16E0EAE40D.jpeg

FST models came with drop down tailgate, the holder for the rear bows, special door hinges, loops and threaded holes for those loops and of course the Vader light (which might have been on hardtop models but I'm not for sure). If you have those things then you just might have a FST FJ40. :bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:

hello, oem bows are hard to find at a resonable price. i found mine on craigslist 4 years ago. sometimes in the classifieds if your patient youll find a set, or possibly find the parts little by little. otherwise you can get good quality reproduction ones from Soft top bow kit complete. And the same goes for the soft top, you can be patient and ask on the forums and watch the classifieds and ebay in the hopes of finding one in good condition and the color you want or just contact @Julie2006 for top quality reproduction oem top in whatever color you want. good luck!

FST models came with drop down tailgate, the holder for the rear bows, special door hinges, loops and threaded holes for those loops and of course the Vader light (which might have been on hardtop models but I'm not for sure). If you have those things then you just might have a FST FJ40. :bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:
Yes it does have the above. How are the door hinges supposed to look? I’m holed up away from it at present so can’t get pics today but will post when I can. Thank you

Let’s see pics of the door hinges... and type of doors and a pillar

Vin tag should say fj40l and not lv

75’ was a unique year for fst in usa
I’m away from it at present. I’ll have my son take pics of hinges and post tonight Thanks for your help

hello, oem bows are hard to find at a resonable price. i found mine on craigslist 4 years ago. sometimes in the classifieds if your patient youll find a set, or possibly find the parts little by little. otherwise you can get good quality reproduction ones from Soft top bow kit complete. And the same goes for the soft top, you can be patient and ask on the forums and watch the classifieds and ebay in the hopes of finding one in good condition and the color you want or just contact @Julie2006 for top quality reproduction oem top in whatever color you want. good luck!
thank you for info. Very appreciative

I recently did research for the factory soft top. I purchased the bows from Real Steel Cruiser Parts and the soft top from Dirt Road Land Cruiser Tops (might be Julie referenced above). I'm scheduled to get the top mid April so I don't have photos to post. Good luck in your search.

I recently did research for the factory soft top. I purchased the bows from Real Steel Cruiser Parts and the soft top from Dirt Road Land Cruiser Tops (might be Julie referenced above). I'm scheduled to get the top mid April so I don't have photos to post. Good luck in your search.
Thx for information

Let’s see pics of the door hinges... and type of doors and a pillar

Vin tag should say fj40l and not lv

75’ was a unique year for fst in usa
He didn’t take very good pics but I appreciate him doing it for me. Here’s hinges n rear with socket in hole. Thx
I’m away from it at present. I’ll have my son take pics of hinges and post tonight Thanks for your help
pics of door hinges n hole for bows has a socket on it

9C72A4A2-580C-4469-9B39-872C36102A01.jpeg

AF72F720-0A75-4BEF-BDD1-3E3AC5DA67D5.jpeg

There's a bracket missing in the rear corner up on the tub edge. You can see the two bolt holes.

It definitely is FST. You're just missing those brackets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom